At Scottsdale Water, we pride ourselves on delivering superior quality water and service to the Scottsdale community. Our employees ensure a safe, sustainable drinking water system, operate an innovative water reclamation system and help Scottsdale Water consistently maintain its position as one of the nation’s most advanced and efficient water utilities.
We value our employees and challenge them to constantly improve how we do business. Our team is made up of professionals from all disciplines – engineering, finance, operations, laboratory science, chemistry, public relations, hydrology, customer service, electrical, maintenance and so much more.
Scottsdale Water recognizes the intrinsic value of operator certifications and the value of having a workforce that possesses operator certifications above those required by job descriptions. To incentive advanced certification, we offer an Operator Certification Incentive Pay that awards annual bonuses up to $2,000 to employees who achieve and maintain certifications above or in addition to an employee’s job requirements.
Scottsdale Water is committed to fostering a well-trained, dedicated work force that understands the water industry and is dedicated to continual process and service improvement. Our competitive two-year apprentice program provides a combination of hands-on and classroom training to prepare water professionals for a meaningful and challenging career.
- Starting salary of $15.20/hour with increase after six months.
- 40 hours of HAZWOPER training
- CPR/AED Training
- 18 hours of college credits – paid by Scottsdale Water – in both water and wastewater disciplines through California State University, Sacramento.
- Obtain ADEQ Grade I Water or Wastewater Treatment Operator Certification in first 12 months.
- Obtain Grade II Certification within 24 months.