Brush and Bulk Collection
Brush and Bulk Service is on Schedule.
Brush and bulk crews are working on Area 1. Please have your brush and bulk piles out for collection by Monday at 5:00 a.m.
REMINDER: To stay on schedule, our brush and bulk crews will only collect the designated pile size amount of 10' long by 6' wide by 4' tall. Any material that exceeds that amount will not be collected and will be the resident's responsibility to remove the remaining material. The Residential Landfill Program is also available for brush and bulk disposal.
Brush and Bulk collection is a week long service starting on the:
Monday of your collection week and ending on Friday.
Brush & Bulk Collection Map and Schedule
To get the most out of this service, please put out the right stuff, at the right time in the right way.
The Right Stuff
Items We Accept
- Tree limbs and branches: no longer than 6 feet
- Small clippings, grass, leaves and any loose material: bagged and tied
- Televisions: CRT, Projection Screen
- Cacti or century plants: boxed
Items Not accept:
- Dirt, rocks, sod or sand
- Concrete or cement
- Fiberglass materials: tubs, showers, pool equipment, insulation
- Construction and remodel debris
- Automobile parts: engines, body panels, tires and rims
- Household generated trash
- Hazardous Waste: see Household Hazardous Waste drop-off events
Construction and Remodeling
Residents are responsible for remodeling and construction debris (lumber, drywall, roofing material, carpet, tile, countertops, sheet glass or mirrors). Make sure your contractor hauls this stuff away.
Alley Maintenance is the responsibility of the Scottsdale resident. When starting a remodeling or construction project, debris must be contained away from the alley, inside your fence-line. Arrangements must be made for its proper disposal. It is also illegal to place cement, concrete, dirt, rocks, or construction/remodeling debris in the alley, or inside any city trash container.
The Right Time
Have your brush and bulk out for collection by 5 a.m. the Monday of the week your area is scheduled
The Right Way
Remember that each homeowner is responsible for the manner in which material is placed out for collection, whether or not you hire someone else to do the work. Please separate your brush and bulk pickup into two piles – one for green waste and one for everything else. The piles may be picked up by separate trucks during your designated brush and bulk pickup week. The green waste – yard clippings, branches and trimmings – will be composted to help grow new plants, while the rest will be taken to the landfill for disposal.
- Please stack items neatly, parallel to the street on your front property line, only if you do not have an alley way.
- If you have an alley way, please place all bulk trash on your side of the alley along your property line only and keep the alley clear so our crews can collect the material.
- The piles should not exceed 10 feet long by 6 feet wide by 4 feet tall. Please place the bulk waste and green waste piles at least three feet apart from each other.
- Do not place brush and bulk items in empty lots, washes or HOA common areas.
Prepare items for Collection
9 DAY RULE - Residents may place bulk/brush out for collection no sooner than 9 days prior to the Monday of scheduled collections week.
- Cut tree limbs into 6-foot segments and stacked neatly so that all cut ends point in the same direction.
- Tree limbs and other objects must be less than 12 inches in diameter.
- Wood panels and wood fencing must be no larger than 5 feet square.
- Keep glass separate from other items, in small, sturdy cardboard boxes and clearly labeled. Boxes should be 2’x2’x2’ or smaller.
- Place yard clippings (grass, leaves, palm tree skins and bark) in plastic bags. Bags must be securely tied.
- Place cacti in sturdy closed boxes with lids. Boxes should be 2’x2’x2’ or smaller.
- Our crews will only remove large debris. The equipment we use often leaves behind small debris, which is the homeowner’s responsibility to cleanup
- Do not place bulk trash on or within four feet of city-owned containers or bins, water meters, cable boxes, fire hydrants, block walls or other fixed objects
2023 Collection Map and Schedule
Brush & Bulk Collection Map
Bell Road north to North City limits
|January 2||January 30||February 27|
|March 27||April 24||May 22|
|June 26||July 31||August 28|
|October 2||October 30||December 4|
Bell Road south to Shea Blvd.
Both sides of the 101 FWY.
|January 9||February 6||March 6|
|April 3||May 1||June 5|
|July 10||August 7||September 11|
|October 9||November 6||December 11|
Shea Blvd. south to Chaparral Road
Both Sides of the 101 FWY.
|January 16||February 13||March 13|
|April 10||May 8||June 12|
|July 17||August 14||September 18|
|October 16||November 13||December 18|
Chaparral Road south to the South City Limits.
|January 23||February 20||March 20|
|April 17||May 15||June 19|
|July 24||August 21||September 25|
|October 23||November 27||December 25|
City of Scottsdale - Solid Waste
9191 E. San Salvador Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Report a Solid Waste Issue