Scottsdale 360 is a virtual learning series about the people, policies and programs that shape our community. Get a 360 view of citywide operations and get your questions answered in these weekly presentations featuring leaders from across the city.
2022 Summer Series
- Classes will be held via Zoom
- All classes begin at 11 a.m. and run approximately one hour including Q & A.
- With the Colorado River Water shortage, we have been asked to reduce use by 5% or more Scottsdale's Water Policy Manger Gretchen Baumgardner will talk more about the city's water resources portfolio, the efforts the city is undergoing to conserve and ways resident and businesses can help.
Short Term Rentals, The Long and Short of it!
- Join representatives from the City Managers Office, Tax & License, Code Enforcement and the Scottsdale Police Department for a discussion of the steps to follow if you have a concern with a short-term rental in your community. Learn about Scottsdale's new ordinance and how it's being enforced.
- Join the Scottsdale Police Human Exploitation and Trafficking Unit (HEaT), and the Arizona Anti Trafficking Network as they educate and create awareness of labor and sex trafficking. An informed community can effectively combat the cycle of exploitation and violence in labor and sex trafficking. Find out how local leaders are dedicating resources to educate City of Scottsdale employees and residents.
Investing in our Scottsdale
- The city of Scottsdale is responsible for the design and construction of numerous water, wastewater, streets, drainage and facilities projects each year. Join City Engineer Alison Tymkiw to learn about upcoming recreation, roadway, stormwater and public safety projects.
- 11 a.m., June 23, 2022
- - Dale Wiebusch, Government Relations Director, will share how he advocates for Scottsdale's positions on issues before the U.S. Congress, the State Legislature, and regional governing boards, as well as briefing the Mayor and Council, the City Manager and senior management on complex intergovernmental issues.
- 11 a.m., July 7, 2022
- Dale Wiebusch - Government Relations Director
- Join Scottsdale Emergency Manager Troy Lutrick as he speaks about citywide emergency management programs like the leading the critical infrastructure vulnerability taskforce, all-hazards incident management team and Scottsdale's Emergency Operations Center. Troy will also share how the city's COVID-19 Incident Management Team kept residents up-to-date and city operations running safely during the pandemic.
- 11 a.m., July 21, 2022
- Troy Lutrick - Emergency Manager
2021 Summer Series
Mayor/City Manager Form of Government
- Packed full of history and fun, Assistant City Manager, Brent Stockwell will give us a brief overview of Scottsdale’s Council/Manager form of government and give you a high-level overview of the City of Scottsdale as an organization.
- Scottsdale has long been recognized as an environmental leader and continually seeks ways to be more environmentally conscious. From protecting more than 30,500 acres of desert to operating one of the world’s most sophisticated water recycling facilities, along with adopting and enforcing numerous green policies citywide - Scottsdale prides itself on integrating bold innovative eco-friendly concepts. Learn more about ongoing Sustainable Scottsdale initiatives and how you can be part of the solution.
Planning and Development
- Learn how Planning and Development Services works with the community to shape our future, from neighborhoods to commercial centers and beyond. Find out about the key functions of long-range and current planning, building plan review and inspections as well as code enforcement.
- Scottsdale welcomes millions of visitors each year and is home to a number of events of global renown. Learn from those who work behind the scenes how the city attracts visitors, makes their trip to Scottsdale memorable and how the revenue they bring benefits the community.
- Human Services, Libraries and Parks and Recreation Leadership will share how their programs demonstrate commitment to those they serve through creating a vibrant, connected and active community.