Scottsdale 360 is a virtual learning series about the people, policies and programs that shape our community. Get a 360 view of citywide operations and get your questions answered in these weekly presentations featuring leaders from across the city.
2021 Summer Series
- Classes will be held via Zoom
- All classes begin at 11 a.m. and run approximately one hour including Q & A.
Mayor/City Manager Form of Government
- Packed full of history and fun, Assistant City Manager, Brent Stockwell will give us a brief overview of Scottsdale’s Council/Manager form of government and give you a high-level overview of the City of Scottsdale as an organization.
- Scottsdale has long been recognized as an environmental leader and continually seeks ways to be more environmentally conscious. From protecting more than 30,500 acres of desert to operating one of the world’s most sophisticated water recycling facilities, along with adopting and enforcing numerous green policies citywide - Scottsdale prides itself on integrating bold innovative eco-friendly concepts. Learn more about ongoing Sustainable Scottsdale initiatives and how you can be part of the solution.
Planning and Development
- Learn how Planning and Development Services works with the community to shape our future, from neighborhoods to commercial centers and beyond. Find out about the key functions of long-range and current planning, building plan review and inspections as well as code enforcement.
- Scottsdale welcomes millions of visitors each year and is home to a number of events of global renown. Learn from those who work behind the scenes how the city attracts visitors, makes their trip to Scottsdale memorable and how the revenue they bring benefits the community.
- Human Services, Libraries and Parks and Recreation Leadership will share how their programs demonstrate commitment to those they serve through creating a vibrant, connected and active community.