In accordance with A.R.S. § 9-499.15, public notice is hereby given that the Scottsdale City Council may consider approving new licensing fees for shared mobility device providers at a meeting in the City Hall Kiva, 3939 N. Drinkwater Blvd., at 5 p.m. February 18, 2020, but no sooner than 60 days after the posting date of this notice.
Proposed New Licensing Fees for Shared Mobility Device Providers
Shared mobility device providers benefit the community and public by providing additional transportation options. However, unregulated shared mobility device providers may cause traffic flow stoppages, unanticipated traffic movements, parking violations and unauthorized use of public property.
The purpose of licensing shared mobility device providers is to mitigate and regulate the undesirable effects that significantly affect public areas or public safety. In order to effectively do this, the City of Scottsdale must impose licensing fees that allow the City to fund effective enforcement and shared mobility device infrastructure enhancements.
The proposed fees will be used to potentially deploy additional City enforcement staff and to enhance City infrastructure through signage and additional bike racks to help mitigate some of the ill effects of these devices.
Under the proposed licensing ordinance there will be three levels of licenses based on the number of devices a provider wishes to deploy:
(1) Type A no more than one thousand shared mobility devices.
(2) Type B no more than five hundred shared mobility devices.
(3) Type C no more than one hundred shared mobility devices.
Pursuant to the above, the City of Scottsdale desires to establish the following fees:
1. Annual application fee and late application renewal fee: One thousand dollars ($1000.00) for all license types.
2. Ninety-nine thousand ($99,000.00) for a class A license.
3. Forty-nine thousand ($49,000.00) for a class B license.
4. Nine thousand ($9,000.00) for a class C license.
Posted: Dec. 17, 2019