Sewer Tap Installations
Plan, submittal, approval, permit, and fee requirements
The information provided below is for informational purposes only and is subject to change.
Plan preparation and submittal
Plan preparation shall consist of two, 24" X 36" site plans based on criteria from the City of Scottsdale Design Standards and Policy Manual including the General Notes for Public Construction (Figure 1.1-13). This plan does not require a Civil Engineers or Architects "seal" and may be prepared by a "designer". Customers are encouraged to use a professional, as they are typically familiar with plan preparation and the submittal process. Plan preparation shall describe and include:
- The invert elevation of proposed sewer tap at the property line.
- The proposed location of the sewer tap dimensioned to the property line.
- The amount of sewer line constructed in the Right-of-Way (ROW) in linear feet.
- The amount of asphalt, curb, gutter, concrete apron, and sidewalk removal / replacement in the ROW to install the line in square feet / yards.
- Utility crossings.
- Provide upstream/downstream manhole rim elevations and Finished floor elevations.
- Building envelope square footage, dedicated Natural Area Open Space (NAOS) square footage, and total lot square footage. This section is not applicable for most properties currently receiving sewer service.
- Abandonment of onsite sewer systems (septic tanks) per County Health Department requirements when applicable. In accordance with Arizona Administrative Code R18-9-A309(D) and Maricopa County Environmental Health Code Chapter 2, Section 8.
- Add clean out at the property line per MAG STD. DET. 440-3.
- Provide Backwater valve, as required, per IRC P3008.1 – See illustration below.
Provide the following notes and approval block:
GENERAL NOTES FOR PUBLIC WORKS CONSTRUCTION
- ALL CONSTRUCTION IN THE PUBLIC RIGHTS-OF-WAY OR IN EASEMENTS GRANTED FOR PUBLIC USE MUST CONFORM TO THE LATEST MARICOPA ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS (MAG) UNIFORM STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS AND UNIFORM STANDARD DETAILS FOR PUBLIC WORKS CONSTRUCTION AS AMENDED BY THE LATEST VERSION OF THE CITY OF SCOTTSDALE STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS AND SUPPLEMENTAL STANDARD DETAILS. IF THERE IS A CONFLICT, THE CITY’S SUPPLEMENTAL STANDARD DETAILS WILL GOVERN.
- THE CITY ONLY APPROVES THE SCOPE, NOT THE DETAIL OF ENGINEERING DESIGNS; THEREFORE IF CONSTRUCTION QUANTITIES ARE SHOWN ON THESE PLANS, THEY ARE NOT VERIFIED BY THE CITY.
- THE APPROVAL OF PLANS IS VALID FOR SIX (6) MONTHS. IF ASSOCIATED PERMIT HAS NOT BEEN ISSUED WITHIN THIS TIME FRAME, THE PLANS MUST BE RESUBMITTED TO THE CITY FOR RE-APPROVAL.
- A CITY INSPECTOR WILL INSPECT ALL WORKS WITHIN THE CITY OF SCOTTSDALE. NOTIFY INSPECTION SERVICES 72 HOURS BEFORE BEGINNING WORK.
- WHENEVER EXCAVATION IS NECESSARY, CALL THE BLUE STAKE CENTER, 811, TWO WORKING DAYS BEFORE EXCAVATION BEGINS.
- PERMISSION TO WORK IN THE RIGHT-OF-WAY (PWR) PERMITS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL WORKS WITHIN THE RIGHTS-OF-WAY AND EASEMENTS GRANTED FOR PUBLIC PURPOSES. COPIES OF ALL PERMITS MUST BE RETAINED ON-SITE AND BE AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION AT ALL TIMES. FAILURE TO PRODUCE THE REQUIRED PERMITS WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION OF ALL WORK UNTIL THE PROPER PERMIT DOCUMENTATION IS OBTAINED.
- PRIOR TO CONSTRUCTION, THE CONTRACTOR SHALL OBTAIN APPROVAL OF A BARRICADE AND TRAFFIC CONTROL PLAN.
- Refer to City of Scottsdale Water Separation Detail 2372
- Refer to City of Scottsdale Sewer Separation Detail 2401
- Refer to City of Scottsdale Pavement Replacement Detail 2200
- Refer to City of Scottsdale Trench Backfill Detail 2201
- Refer to Maricopa County Association of Governments Specification 336 (for possible slurry seal coat) on pavement cuts greater than 300 feet or bore pits less than 300 feet apart.
"Offsite Sewer Tap" plans shall be submitted for review to the One Stop Shop upon payment of the plan review fees (miscellaneous civil review).
Review, Approval, Permitting, and Development Fees
Plans will be reviewed by the Plan Review Division and either approved or returned to the applicant for corrections.
Upon plan approval, the applicant and or applicant's representative / contractor, must apply for, and receive an Right-of-way Permit prior to commencing any construction within the ROW. Fees are based on the quantities described in items "c" and "d" above including the minimum fee.
For properties or applicants requesting new sewer service to an undeveloped property, or, conversion from on-site sewer systems (septic tanks) to public sewer, payment of "Sewer Development Fees" is required. Development fees are based on meter size. To determine Sewer Development fees, please refer to the current Development Fees.