Green Building Program
The Green Building Program encourages a whole-systems approach through design and building techniques to minimize environmental impact and reduce the energy consumption of buildings while contributing to the health of its occupants.
Getting a Scottsdale Green Building designation is easier than you think!
Scottsdale has joined US local governments to vote in favor of 2021 building energy efficiency codes - Smart Energy International.
Green Building Education Series
Scottsdale hosts a green building education series featuring speakers and experts to discuss timely topics and issues involving the future of electrification, decarbonization, energy efficiency, renewables, indoor environmental quality, water use reduction and reuse, edible landscapes, low-impact building materials and innovative near-zero impact projects.
ReVISION House Scottsdale – Thursday, June 3rd, 6 to 7 p.m.
Green Builder Media has joined forces with internationally renowned building science expert Steve Easley and his wife, Indoor Air Quality expert Susan Raterman, to retrofit a 3,050 square foot house in Scottsdale. The goal of the project is to showcase to consumers and building professionals alike how to optimize performance, sustainability, wellness, aesthetics, intelligence, and durability in a remodeling project using the most advanced products, systems and technologies available on the market today.
Uniquely positioned on a lake in McCormick Ranch, the ReVISION House Scottsdale will showcase cost-effective strategies for achieving net zero in a remodeling project using renewable energy, efficient mechanical systems and advanced smart home technologies.
Scottsdale’s Green Building Program would like to thank the following speakers for participating in the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 lecture series seasons. Topics included economic value of green, solar energy and battery storage, edible landscapes, building with earthen materials and ductless mini-splits cooling/heating.
Environmental Artist & Urban Garden Educator
Arizona Builder and Innovator
President, Modus Development
Senior Energy Consultant
7447 E. Indian School Road, Suite 125
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Subscribe to Green Building
Green Building Links
- Green Residential Checklist (PDF)
- Green Residential Checklist Fill-in (XLSX)
- Green Residential Checklist for Drawings – Tier 1 (PDF)
- Green Residential Checklist for Drawings – Tier 2 (PDF)
- Green Residential Compliance Certificate (PDF)
- Green Housing Rehabilitation Program
- Solar Guidelines for Residential (PDF)
Green Building Trends
- 2021 Energy and Green Code Action Plan (PDF)
- Green Building Project Highlights
- 2020 Green Building and Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2019 Green Building and Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2018 Green Building and Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2017 Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2017 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2016 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2015 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2014 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2013 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2000 Annual Green Building Report
- Southern Scottsdale Residential Energy Audit Results
- Sustainable Building Awards