Green Building Program
The Green Building Program encourages a whole-systems approach through design and building techniques to minimize environmental impact and reduce the energy consumption of buildings while contributing to the health of its occupants.
Getting a Scottsdale Green Building designation is easier than you think!
Scottsdale has joined US local governments to vote in favor of 2021 building energy efficiency codes - Smart Energy International.
Green Building Webinar Series
Scottsdale hosts a green building education series featuring speakers and experts to discuss timely topics and issues involving the future of electrification, decarbonization, energy efficiency, renewables, indoor environmental quality, water use reduction and reuse, edible landscapes, low-impact building materials and innovative near-zero impact projects.
Living an Edible Landscape Life for Homes & Neighborhood Schools - Thursday, February 10th, 2022 from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
Joan Baron, Master Gardener & Kelly Hedberg, Educator
This season we will visit a successful school garden at Rover Elementary School in Tempe, AZ. Environmental artist and garden educator Joan Baron will visit with Kelly Hedberg, an outdoor educator with over twelve years of teaching experience in gardens and outdoor settings in Arizona. Together they share a deep connection between nature and promoting garden activities for adults and children. They will tour us through the Rover School garden where Kelly is currently educational consultant working with grades K-5 as well as creating video programs for teachers to use their class curriculums. Joan and Kelly have observed positive childhood development through environmental literacy with hands-on garden activities. They will share seasonal planting ideas along with exciting tips to help you grow your own successful edible gardens.
- January 13, 2022 - Electric Vehicles, Battery Storage & Electrification
- June 3, 2021 - ReVision House Solutions
- April 7, 2021 - Simple Solutions to Restore our Earth and Presentation Slides (PDF)
- Feb 4, 2021 - Scottsdale Edible Garden
Scottsdale’s Green Building Program would like to thank the following speakers for participating in the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 lecture series seasons. Topics included economic value of green, solar energy and battery storage, edible landscapes, building with earthen materials and ductless mini-splits cooling/heating.
Environmental Artist & Urban Garden Educator
Arizona Builder and Innovator
President, Modus Development
Senior Energy Consultant
Subscribe to Green Building
Green Building Links
- Green Residential Checklist (PDF)
- Green Residential Checklist Fill-in (XLSX)
- Green Residential Checklist for Drawings – Tier 1 (PDF)
- Green Residential Checklist for Drawings – Tier 2 (PDF)
- Green Residential Compliance Certificate (PDF)
- Green Housing Rehabilitation Program
- Solar Guidelines for Residential (PDF)
Green Building Trends
- 2021 Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2021 Energy and Green Code Action Plan (PDF)
- Green Building Project Highlights
- 2020 Green Building and Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2019 Green Building and Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2018 Green Building and Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2017 Solar Trends Report (PDF)
- 2017 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2016 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2015 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2014 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2013 Green Building Trends Report (PDF)
- 2000 Annual Green Building Report
- Southern Scottsdale Residential Energy Audit Results
- Sustainable Building Awards