Family Self-Sufficiency Program
Helping People Help Themselves
What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?
The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program is designed to assist families and individuals in their goal to becoming financially independent. FSS participants work closely with Case Managers to establish short and long-term goals to help:
- Increase income
- Complete educational goals
- Establish or repair credit
- Develop a savings plan
- Improve financial well-being
The FSS Program is five years in length and is available to all assisted Housing Choice Voucher residents who meet the selected criteria. For more information or to enroll in the Family Self-Sufficiency Program, contact the FSS Specialist at 480-312-2257 or download the below form.
Download the FSS Brochure (PDF) to learn more.
You are eligible if you meet the following criteria:
- A current HCV participant living in Scottsdale
- At least 18 years old
- Wanting to change the way you live now
- Wanting to learn more and obtain job training
- Wanting to get away from using public assistance
- Willing to receive case management and sign an FSS Contract of Participation
How do I get Started?
- Complete an FSS Interest & Application (PDF) form
- Attend an FSS Briefing session or one-on-one information session
- Meet with the FSS Specialist and write down the goals that need to be achieved within 5 years
- Sign an FSS Contract of Participation