The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale March 30 - April 8. For more information, contact Traffic Engineering at 480-312-7250.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
Southbound Goldwater Boulevard closed near Fashion Square Mall through May 11
Southbound Goldwater Boulevard will be closed from Scottsdale Road to Camelback Road April 2 – May 11 for construction work. Multiple construction projects in the area have coordinated schedules to help minimize traffic disruption as much as possible.
Arizona Canal Path closed at 68th Street until April
The Arizona Canal Path will be closed at 68th Street until April while a wall is constructed around an SRP wellsite. The path will be replaced after the wall is constructed.
68th Street bridge remains restricted for repairs
The inside lanes in both directions on 68th Street bridge (crossing the Arizona Canal immediately north of Indian School Road) are closed due to deterioration discovered during a routine inspection. Inspections, design and repair work will take 10 to 12 months to complete. Please visit ScottsdaleAZ.gov and search “68th Street Bridge” for more information about the project.
Nighttime restrictions on Shea Boulevard for APS power line installation
Arizona Public Service (APS) will be installing a power line along Shea Boulevard from 90th Street to immediately east of Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard. Lane restrictions will typically include the eastbound curb lane from immediately west of 90th Street to 92nd Street and two eastbound lanes from 92nd Street to 118th Street in half-mile increments. All work will take place between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights until late spring when work will require and additional closure of one eastbound lane during daytime hours. You can learn more about the project by reading the APS public notice.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- The westbound curb lane on McDonald Drive will be closed at 86th Street 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 2 – 4 for utility work.
- Traffic on 70th Street will be controlled by flaggers immediately south of Osborn Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 30 – April 13 (except Sundays) for utility work.
- The eastbound median lane on Indian School Road will be closed at Marshall Way 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday, April 2, for utility work.
- Rancho Vista Drive will be closed west of Scottsdale Road through Friday, March 30, for site cleanup.
- Traffic on 70th Street will be controlled by flaggers at Earll Drive 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Wednesday, April 11, for utility work.
- Hayden Road will be reduced to one lane immediately north of Thomas Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Friday, April 6, for utility work.
- Goldwater Boulevard will be restricted to one lane in each direction between Camelback Road and Via Soleri Drive weekdays April 2 – 13 for utility work.
- The eastbound curb lane on Camelback Road will be closed from 78th Street to Hayden Road 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays March 26 – 30 for road work. During those same dates the sidewalk on the south side of Camelback Road will be closed 24 hours.
- Curb lanes in both directions on Drinkwater Boulevard will be closed at Stetson Drive 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 27 – 30 for ADA ramp restoration.
- Multiple lane restrictions will occur on Highland Avenue immediately west of Scottsdale Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays March 26 – April 2 for road work.
- The westbound curb lane on Indian School Road will be closed at Marshall Way 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday through Wednesday nights March 19 – 30 for boring. During those same dates and times, the westbound median lane on Indian School Road will be closed at Marshall way.
- Eastbound Thomas Road will be reduced to one lane and shifted to the center turn lane immediately west of 64th Street Jan. 11 - April 11 for utility work. Detour on McDowell or Indian School roads. For more information, call the Project Hotline at 480-281-1506.
- Thomas Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from immediately west of 60th Street to 56th Street through Wednesday, May 2, as part of a water line installation project. Consider detouring on McDowell Road or Indian School Road. For more information on the water line installation, call the project hotline at 480-281-1506.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- The sidewalk on the west side of 85th Way will be closed at San Alberto Drive 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays March 30 – April 6 for utility work.
- Cactus Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction immediately west of 86th Place 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, April 13, for utility work.
- The northbound bike lane on 120th Street will be closed and traffic shifted to the center immediately south of Shea Boulevard weekdays March 23 – April 6 for road work.
- The eastbound curb lane on Via Linda will be closed immediately east of 91st Street/San Salvador Drive 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays March 22 – 30 for utility work.
- Multiple restrictions will occur on Scottsdale Road, Doubletree Ranch Road and Gainey Suites Drive near “The Shops at Gainey Ranch” while the parking lot is repaved March 28 – 30.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Median lanes in both directions on Butherus Drive will be closed at 75th Street through Friday, April 13, for a median removal project.
- The following lane restrictions will occur at the intersection of Los Gatos Drive and Pima Road March 29 – April 12 for curb and gutter work:
- The northbound right turn lane on Pima Road will be closed at Los Gatos Drive.
- Eastbound Los Gatos Drive will be closed at Pima Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Detour on Paraiso Drive to 90th Street.
- Multiple lane restrictions will occur at the intersection of Scottsdale Road and Greenway – Hayden Loop March 29 – 30 for utility work.
- The westbound median lane and the northbound inside left turn lane at Butherus Drive and Scottsdale Road will be closed March 29 – 30 for road work.
- Hawknest Road will be closed except to local traffic immediately west of 86th Place and immediately east of 84th Street March 21 – April 6 for road improvements. Detour on Stagecoach Pass Road to the north or Black Mountain Road to the south.
- The northbound sidewalk and bike lane on 73rd Street will be closed immediately south of Greenway – Hayden Loop through Sunday, April 15, for construction.