This is an exciting announcement -- the largest federally grant-funded project for Scottsdale Airport - Runway 03-21 Rehabilitation -- will begin on July 6.
This means that for an anticipated 45 days, the airport will be fully closed to aircraft operations (except helicopter operations landings and takeoffs from the apron area). This includes flight training activity.
This project will not increase the runway's size or weight capacity. It is solely a rehabilitation of the existing runway.
Tenants: If you haven't already, please begin making arrangements for a temporary relocation. For your convenience a list of Valley airport contacts is available, request a copy by sending us an email.
While we understand this creates an inconvenience, we appreciate your understanding that the time is now to get this project completed. This project has been planned to coincide with our slowest operational time to minimize disruption.
The FAA and ADOT have made this $12 million project possible with grant funding. The Federal Aviation Administration is covering 90 percent of the runway project’s costs, with the City of Scottsdale and the Arizona Department of Transportation splitting the remaining 10 percent equally.
We will post updates and information on this project, on the Scottsdale Airport website. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Sarah Ferrara by email or call 480-312-8482.