Arizona Bike Week will take place in the outdoor areas at WestWorld Oct. 7-11.
Under Governor Executive Order 2020-43 (PDF download), organized public events of more than 50 people can occur provided the city approves the event, and adequate safety precautions are implemented, including physical distancing measures.
This event is proceeding under those guidelines and with a city-approved safety plan that details the numerous safety precautions that will be in place.
Key elements of the plan for Arizona Bike Week include:
- All activity will occur outdoors – no indoor spaces will be used
- Ticket sales are limited – event capacity is reduced by two-thirds
- Face coverings are required for all attendees and staff inside the event area (masks will not be required for people who are seated at tables eating or drinking)
- Concert audiences will be sectioned-off in pods of nine people; pods will be separated by at least six feet
- Staff health checks will be conducted daily
- High-touch areas will be cleaned throughout each day