The Thomas Road Complete Street Project will take place in early 2024 and will improve safety and provide a more consistent roadway for those traveling by car, foot or bicycle between 73rd and 56th streets.
You are invited to learn more about the project at an open house from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Monday, April 17, at the Community Design Studio, 7506 E. Indian School Road. The project also will be presented to the Transportation Commission at 5:15 p.m. Thursday, April 20, at Scottsdale City Hall, 3939 N. Drinkwater Blvd.
- Right turn lanes at 64th and 68th streets, and Scottsdale Road to increase intersection capacity and improve traffic flow.
- Increased separation between the sidewalk and vehicular travel lane for pedestrians.
- Improved accessibility to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements at sidewalks driveways and ramps at intersections.
- New pavement throughout the corridor.
- Removal of one east bound travel lane to make room for turn lanes, bike lanes and to match the number of travel lanes (two in each direction) on either side of the project.
- Standard bike lanes to complete the gap in bike lanes on Thomas Road.
- New traffic signals at existing signalized intersections.
- Drainage improvements.
- Undergrounding some power poles.
For more information, visit the project website.