Bring summer relief to low-income, homebound and isolated seniors by donating to Scottsdale's Beat the Heat program. Items donated are delivered to seniors by caring staff who will also complete a brief assessment to determine any additional needs. The smiles of appreciation from the senior participants is priceless.
Here is how you can help:
1. Make a monetary donation, either by cash, check or grocery gift cards. If donating grocery gift cards they must be in the amount of $35.00 (Fry’s is the most popular). Make checks payable to 'Scottsdale Community Partners' with Beat The Heat written in the memo section.
2. Drop off any number of the items listed below to the Via Linda Senior Center. These items help keep seniors cool and stocked up with essential items in the summer months. Here is a list of items that we are looking for:
• Bottled Water
• New reusable water bottles
• Nutritional supplement drinks (Ensure/Boost regular & sugar free, Gatorade, Propel)
• Healthy store bought individually wrapped snacks (pretzels, raisins, crackers, trail mix, protein bars)
• Summer relief items (mini fans, reusable ice packs etc.)
• Hygiene Items
• Book of Forever Stamps
Drop off donations starting April 26- May 28, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Via Linda Senior Center (10440 E Via Linda Scottsdale, AZ 85258)
Please contact Anya Wright at 480-312-5811 for more information.