Chances are that your next interview will be virtual. Good news. Some techniques for a successful interview you know well, and some may be new. Either way, if you really want the job, be ready!
Top 3 interview rules, that still apply:
- Research the company and the position.
- Be ready to talk briefly about yourself as a professional.
- Be ready to answer difficult interview questions.
3 New virtual interview rules to prepare for:
- Choose a quiet space with good lighting.
- Test your online connection, microphone, and camera ensuring it works.
- Make eye contact by looking directly at the camera.
And with any interview; present yourself professionally, show enthusiasm, answer questions clearly, and remember to smile.
As the job market evolves, so will the job strategies necessary to gain employment.
Assistance is available! Prepare for your next virtual interview with assistance from a City of Scottsdale Career Coach.
Scottsdale Careeer Services
Scottsdale Career Services assists job seekers navigating the evolving and competitive job market with the latest job seeking techniques and strategies.
Learn more about Scottsdale Career Services and Coaching