The Youth Corps is a summer a volunteer program for middle through high school teens. Volunteers can explore career opportunities, give back to the community, and receive school credit (with prior school approval).
What kind of volunteering can I do?
- Parks & Recreation
- Summer Program
- Office Positions
- Senior Centers
- Community Outreach Team
These young leaders are encouraged to be responsible and accountable for their actions, beginning with sending in an application to the Youth Corps office. The teens are then interviewed and placed at a site determined by several selection factors. From there, volunteers must attend orientation before they begin working 10-15 hours a week during the months of June and July.
During the 7-week program, you must be available 5 of those weeks.
How do I join Youth Corps?
- Fill out an online application form. Returning volunteers will be mailed a separate application.
- Application will be reviewed by staff.
- Get interviewed!
- Receive a volunteer placement and start giving back!
Criteria for Selection
Due to the large number interested volunteers, we are not able to assign all volunteer applicants to a position this summer. The screening process results will determine volunteer placement.
Aspects of the presentation that will be considered include, but are not limited to:
- Mature, positive attitude toward volunteerism.
- Appropriate appearance (clothing, language, behavior, & overall attitude).
- Professional application – neat, thorough, easy to read.
The applicant must be flexible with their volunteer schedule and placement.
- Positive recommendations
- Good behavior and quality service
- Must be without criminal history
- Skills necessary for the site and service assigned.
- Some form of volunteer service or the indication that the applicant has pursued volunteer related work.
Ability to perform all essential functions of the tasks and duties of the Youth Corps Volunteer position description.