The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Dec. 29 - Jan. 7. For more information, contact Traffic Engineering at 480-312-7250.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
Coors Light, Valley Metro and Uber team up to provide free transit rides on New Year's Eve
Free rides will be available on all Valley Metro Rail and Bus routes Dec. 31, 7 p.m. until end of regular service. Riders also can get 10 percent off two Uber rides to or from rail stations from 3 p.m. on New Year's Eve until end of Valley Metro regular service on Jan. 1 by entering the code CLNYE18. For more information visit www.valleymetro.org/celebratesafe.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- The westbound curb lane on Thomas Road will be closed and traffic will be shifted to the center lane immediately west of Pima Road Jan. 2 - 19 for utility work. During those same dates and times the northbound outside left turn lane on the Loop 101 off ramp will be closed at Thomas Road.
- The eastbound curb lane on Indian School Road will be closed from Brown Avenue to 75th Street 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 2 - 5 for boring.
- Westbound traffic on Oak Street will be shifted to the center of the road immediately east of Scottsdale Road Dec. 27 - Jan. 14 while a fire line is installed.
- Southbound traffic on 68th Street will be shifted to the center turn lane at Continental Drive Jan. 2 - 12 for boring.
- Scottsdale Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction at Earll Drive 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Jan. 2 - 12 for utility work.
- The Indian Bend Wash multiuse path will be closed at McKellips Road Jan. 4 - Feb. 5 for utility work. Detour signs will be posted to guide path users around the closure.
- The southbound curb lane on Scottsdale Road will be closed at Second Street Dec. 20 - Jan. 12 for construction work.
- 86th Street will be closed one between Jackrabbit Road and Montebello Avenue in one bloc segments 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 18 - Feb. 2 for storm drain installation. Detour on Granite Reef Road.
- Thomas Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from immediately west of 60th Street to 56th Street through Wednesday, May 2, as part of a water line installation project. Consider detouring on McDowell Road or Indian School Road. For more information on the water line installation, call the project hotline at 480-281-1506.
- The westbound curb lane on Osborn Road will be closed immediately west of Miller Road Monday through Saturday Nov. 2 - Jan. 2 while the sidewalk is replaced. During those same dates the southbound right turn lane on Miller Road will be closed at Osborn Road.
- 86th Street will be closed in both directions from Chaparral Road to Vista Drive Oct. 2 - March 15 for storm drain installation. Detour on Granite Reef Road.
- Multiple lane restrictions will occur across south Scottsdale 6:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 14, for the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon races.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- Traffic in both directions on Sweetwater Avenue will be shifted to the north side of the street from 76th Street to 74th Street 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Jan. 2 - 9 for utility work.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- The westbound curb lane on Greenway - Hayden Loop will be closed at 73rd Street Jan. 2 - 26 for boring. During those same dates and times northbound traffic on 73rd street will be shifted to the center two-way left-turn lane.
- Traffic on Dixileta Drive will be reduced to one lane and controlled by a flagger at 79th Place 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Jan. 2 - 15 for utility work.
- Multiple lane restrictions will occur on Thunderbird Road from 92nd Street to 90th Street 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through Friday, Dec. 29, to permit road work.
- Multiple lane restrictions will occur at the intersection of Scottsdale Road and Greenway - Hayden Loop Jan. 2 - March 15 for utility work.
- Traffic on Los Gatos Drive will be controlled by flaggers at Pima Road 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Friday, Dec. 29, for utility work.
- The northbound curb lane on Thompson Peak Parkway will be closed immediately south of McDowell Mountain Ranch Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 26 - 29 for utility work.
- The southbound curb lane on Scottsdale Road will be closed at Dynamite Boulevard 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays Dec. 18 - 29 for boring.
- Traffic on Jomax Road will be controlled by a flag person at Hayden Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 7 - 30 for utility work.