Transportation Master Plan
|We welcome your feedback and comments on the Transportation Master Plan|
Completing the System
The Transportation Master Plan was unanimously adopted by the Scottsdale City Council on January 8, 2008. Its implementation program was adopted by the Scottsdale City Council on January 13, 2009.
The Master Plan is the first comprehensive look at the city’s entire transportation system since the 1980s. The Transportation Master Plan works from the goals outlined in the city’s 2001 General Plan to identify specific projects and programs to address transportation needs and objectives. The Master Plan includes:
- An overall citywide transportation policy element.
- Updated or new plans for streets, transit, bicycles, and pedestrians, how to coordinate these modes of transportation and the connections, gaps, and linkages between them.
- Special circulation area studies for the Downtown/Central Scottsdale area, the Airpark area, and the northern areas of the city.
- A recommendation to participate in regional studies of high capacity transit.
- An implementation program for future improvements.
For more information contact:
Greg Davies, Senior Transportation Planner
gdavies@ScottsdaleAZ.gov or (480) 312-7829.