Traffic Restrictions Update
Oct. 30, 2014
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Oct. 31 - Nov. 9. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
LOOP 101 FREEWAY
Work continues to add lanes to the Loop 101 Pima Freeway between Shea Boulevard and the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway. This week’s restrictions:
- Westbound McKellips Road access to southbound Loop 101 continues to be closed through 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 3. Drivers can travel north on Alma School Road, then head west on McDowell Road to reconnect with the 101.
- The Indian School Road lanes adjacent to the underpass median are closed through Friday, Nov. 21. As a result, an eastbound left-turn lane on Indian School Road to northbound 101 is closed. The single westbound left-turn lane on Indian School to southbound 101 is also closed. To avoid congestion, drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes to access the northbound freeway at Indian School Road.
- Eastbound McKellips Road to northbound Loop 101 continues to be closed through 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 3. Drivers can travel north on Hayden Road, then head east on McDowell Road to access the Loop 101.
Get more details at ADOT.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- Thomas Road will continue to have east and westbound curb lane closures from Miller Road to the bridge just west of Hayden Road. North and southbound Miller Road will also continue to be restricted at Thomas Road as part of the Thomas Road Streetscape Project.
- Temporary lane closures are taking place on Camelback Road at Buckboard Trail 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Oct. 31, as utility work occurs.
- Lanes in both directions on Hayden Road are closed immediately south of McDowell Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Monday, Nov. 3, as trench work takes place.
- The westbound curb lane on Indian School Road is closed at Granite Reef Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Nov. 11 as roadway improvements occur.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- Traffic in both directions on Sweetwater Avenue is shifted over and directed by flaggers between 100th Street and Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. through Nov. 26 to permit utility work.
- The southbound right turn bay on 90th Street is closed at Shea Boulevard 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. through Nov. 14 to permit utility work.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Traffic through the roundabout at Union Hills Drive and 94th Street is controlled by a flag person 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Oct. 31, as utility work occurs.
- The curb lanes in both directions, as well as the westbound right turn bay and left turn lane on Westland Drive are closed at Scottsdale Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Oct. 31, as water and sewer line work occurs.
- The eastbound curb lane on Pinnacle Peak Road is closed at Pima Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Nov. 4 as trench work occurs.
- The westbound through and right turn lanes on Westland Drive are closed at Scottsdale Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Monday, Nov. 3, to permit utility work. Traffic is shifted to the left turn lane.
- The airport drop off lane and a through lane on Airport Drive will be closed at Butherus Drive 6 a.m. - noon Tuesday, Nov. 4, as crane work takes place.
- Utility work is taking place in both directions on Legacy Boulevard, and the northbound right turn bay on Scottsdale Road is closed 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Oct. 31.
- The northbound curb lane on Scottsdale Road will be closed at Acoma Drive Nov. 3 - 23 as roadway improvements occur.
- Utility work will take place on the north and southbound shoulders of 78th Way and 82nd Street 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Nov. 3 - 17.
- The southbound curb lane on Scottsdale Road is closed immediately north of Bell Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Nov. 11 to permit road work.
- Traffic in both directions on 92nd Street will be shifted to the two-way center 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 5 as roadway sealing takes place.
- Traffic on Thunderbird Road will be shifted from eastbound to westbound and controlled by flaggers from Hayden Road to 87th Street 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 4 as roadway sealing occurs.