Traffic Restrictions Update
Nov. 26, 2014
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Nov. 27 - Dec. 7. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
LOOP 101 FREEWAY
Work continues to add lanes to the Loop 101 Pima Freeway between Shea Boulevard and the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway. Current restrictions:
- Indian School Road will be closed at the Loop 101 underpass 10 p.m. – 5 a.m. Dec. 7 – 11 as bridge beams are placed over the roadway.
- McKellips Road will be closed at the Loop 101 underpass 10 p.m. – 5 a.m. Dec. 7 – 11 as bridge beams are placed over the roadway.
- Westbound traffic on McDowell Road will experience left lane closures at the Loop 101 underpass through Thursday, Dec. 4.
Get more details at ADOT.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- Thomas Road will continue to have east and westbound curb lane closures from Miller Road to the bridge just west of Hayden Road. North and southbound Miller Road will also continue to be restricted at Thomas Road as part of the Thomas Road Streetscape Project.
- Traffic on McDowell Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Miller Road to 77th Street Dec. 1 – March 19 as bridge widening occurs.
- Lane restrictions will take place in both directions on 64th Street at Wilshire Avenue 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays Dec. 4 – 12, as roadway improvements occur. During those same dates and times, the 64th Street frontage Road will be closed and eastbound traffic will be restricted on Wilshire Ave.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- Southbound traffic on 100th Street will be shifted to the two-way center and directed by a flagging operation at Camino Del Santo 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Nov. 28, to permit trench work.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Traffic in both directions on Mountain View Road will be controlled by flaggers at 121st Place 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays Dec. 1 – 15, as trench work takes place in the curb lanes.
- Westbound traffic on Cholla Street will be controlled by flaggers at 84th Street 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Dec. 10, as utility work occurs.
- Eastbound traffic on Dove Valley Road will be shifted to the two-way center lane and work will occur on the eastbound shoulder weekdays through Feb. 24 as the roadway is improved.
- 90th Street will experience single lane restrictions in both directions immediately north of Blanche Drive 9 p.m. – 5 a.m. weekdays Dec. 1 - 14, as existing utilities are located.
- The eastbound curb lane on Pinnacle Peak Road will be closed at 86th Street 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays Dec. 1 - 5, to permit trench work.
- Pinnacle Peak Road will be reduced by one lane in both directions at Scottsdale Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Dec. 9, as trench work occurs.
- The westbound curb lane on Greenway-Hayden Loop is closed at Scottsdale Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Dec. 5, as street light repairs take place.
- Southbound traffic on Pima Road will be shifted to the center left turn lane at Lone Mountain Road 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. Dec. 1 – 5 and Dec. 8 - 9 as a new southbound right turn lane is constructed.