Traffic Restrictions Update
March 4, 2015
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale March 6-15. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
View an interactive Downtown parking, trolley and information map.
LOOP 101 LONG-TERM RAMP RESTRICTIONS AT MCKELLIPS AND THOMAS ROADS
The northbound on and off ramps at the Thomas Road & 101 interchange will be fully closed through May 7.
The on and off ramps at the McKellips Road & 101 interchange will be fully closed in both directions through April 30.
Traffic entering or exiting the freeway should use McDowell or Indian School roads as alternates.
RUN FOR RYAN HOUSE AT DC RANCH
The 11th annual Run for Ryan House at DC Ranch Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K races will impact traffic in parts of north Scottsdale Saturday, March 7.
The Half Marathon course will be guided by curb lane closures on Pima Road and Thompson Peak Parkway; and extended bike lanes on Legacy Boulevard and the McDowell Mountain Ranch Road /Bell Road loop. Curb lane closures and extended bike lanes will be in effect from 5 a.m. to noon.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- A westbound lane on Indian School Road will be closed from Buckboard Trail to Hayden Road 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. weeknights through March 13 as utility work occurs.
- Traffic on McDowell Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Miller Road to 77th Street through March 19 as bridge widening occurs.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- The curb lanes in both directions on 136th Street will be closed at Desert Cove Avenue 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through March 19 as road work takes place.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Hawknest Road will be fully closed from 84th to 86th streets through March 13 to permit road work. Use Stagecoach Pass as a detour.
- Airport Drive will be fully closed from immediately north of 75th Street to Scottsdale Airport’s taxiway gate through Friday, March 6, as waterline work occurs.
- Eastbound traffic on Stagecoach Pass Road will be shifted to the westbound side of the roadway and controlled by flaggers at Pima Road from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through March 13 to permit trench work.
- The eastbound curb lane on Princess Boulevard will be closed at Scottsdale Road from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Friday, March 6, as traffic signal loops are installed.
- Northbound traffic on 79th Street will be shifted to the center lane at Redfield Road from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, March 6, as road work occurs.
- Northbound traffic on Pima Road will be shifted to the left turn lane at Stagecoach Pass Road from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through March 13 to permit road work.
- An eastbound lane on Westland Drive will be closed at Scottsdale Road through March 13, as road work occurs.
- Traffic on Pima Road will be reduced by one lane in each direction at Pinnacle Peak Road from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through March 11, as road work occurs.
- Westland Drive will be reduced by one lane in each direction at Scottsdale Road weekdays through March 24 to permit work in the median.
- A northbound lane on Pima Road will be closed at Dynamite Boulevard from 7 p.m. – 5 a.m. weeknights through March 10 as utility work occurs.
- The southbound right turn bay on Greenway-Hayden Loop will be closed at Paradise Lane from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. weekdays through March 20 to permit utility work.
- The eastbound curb lane on Happy Valley Road will be closed at Alameda Road from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through March 16 as trench work occurs.