Traffic Restrictions Update
Oct. 17, 2014
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Oct 17 - 26. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
LOOP 101 FREEWAY
Work continues to add lanes to the Loop 101 Pima Freeway between Shea Boulevard and the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway. This week’s restrictions:
- Pima Road/90th Street will be closed under the Loop 101 freeway from 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 17, through 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 20. Freeway ramps will remain open, and traffic approaching the freeway can make right turns to enter the freeway. Traffic also will be able to exit the freeway but must turn right since drivers cannot cross under the freeway. Southbound 90th Street travelers will not have access to the southbound 101.
- Westbound McKellips Road access to southbound Loop 101 continues to be closed through 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 3. Drivers can travel north on Alma School Road, then head west on McDowell Road to reconnect with the 101.
- The Indian School Road lanes adjacent to the underpass median will be closed through Friday, Nov. 21. As a result, one of the two eastbound left-turn lanes on Indian School Road to northbound 101 left-turn lanes will be closed. The single westbound left-turn lane on Indian School to southbound 101 also will be closed. To avoid congestion, drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes to access the northbound freeway at Indian School Road.
- Eastbound McKellips Road to northbound Loop 101 continues to be closed through 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 3. Drivers can travel north on Hayden Road, then head east on McDowell Road to access the Loop 101.
Get more details at ADOT.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- Thomas Road will continue to have east and westbound curb lane closures from Miller Road to the bridge just west of Hayden Road. North and southbound Miller Road will also continue to be restricted at Thomas Road as part of the Thomas Road Streetscape Project.
- The curb lane in both directions on Goldwater Boulevard will be closed at Fashion Square Drive 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Oct. 27, to permit trench work.
- Temporary lane closures will take place on Camelback Road at Buckboard Trail 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Oct. 31 as utility work occurs.
- Lanes in both directions on Hayden Road will be closed immediately south of McDowell Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays Oct. 20 – Nov. 3 as trench work takes place.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- Northbound traffic on 96th Street will be shifted to the two-way left turn lane from Charter Oak to Larkspur drives through Oct. 20, as a storm drain is installed.
- Traffic in both directions on Sweetwater Avenue will be shifted over and directed by flaggers between 100th Street and Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Mon. – Sat. through Oct. 24, to permit utility work.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Lane restrictions will occur in both directions on Hayden Road at 83rd Place 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Oct. 24, to permit utility work. During those same dates and times, westbound traffic will be shifted to the left turn bay.
- Traffic through the roundabout at Union Hills Drive and 94th Street will be controlled by a flag person 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Oct. 31, as utility work occurs.
- Eastbound traffic on Paradise Lane will be shifted to the two-way center left lane at 76th Street 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Oct. 22, to permit trench work.
- The curb lanes in both directions, as well as the westbound right turn bay and left turn lane on Westland Drive will be closed at Scottsdale Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Oct. 20, as water and sewer line work occurs.
- The eastbound curb lane on Pinnacle Peak Road will be closed at Pima Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays Oct. 21 – Nov. 4 as trench work occurs.
- The westbound through and right turn lanes on Westland Drive will be closed at Scottsdale Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays Oct. 27 – Nov. 3 to permit utility work. Traffic will be shifted to the left turn lane.
- The airport drop off lane and a through lane on Airport Drive will be closed at Butherus Drive 6 a.m. - noon Tuesday, Nov. 4, as crane work takes place.
- Eastbound traffic on Perimeter Drive will be shifted to the center of the road at 85th Street 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays Oct. 21 - 28 as trench work occurs.
- The northbound curb lane on Scottsdale Road will be closed at Acoma Drive 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Oct. 20 - 21 as a streetlight pole is replaced.
- Eastbound Shea Boulevard will be reduced by two lanes at Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard 5 a.m. – 5 p.m. Oct. 18 – 19 to permit utility work.