Traffic Restrictions Update
Aug. 28, 2014
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Aug. 29 - Sept. 7. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
LOOP 101 FREEWAY WIDENING
Work is underway to add lanes to the Loop 101 Pima Freeway between Shea Boulevard and the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway. As part of the $72.7 million project, one lane in each direction will be added to the 11-mile stretch of road. A second northbound lane will be added between the Loop 202 interchange and McDowell Road.
Get more details at ADOT.
5th Avenue will be fully closed from Scottsdale Road to Craftsman Court through Sept. 14 to permit sewer line installation as part of Downtown construction.
Northbound Scottsdale Road will be fully closed at Silverstone from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12 to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 15, to permit pipeline installation. Use Williams, east to Miller Road, north the Pinnacle Peak, then west to Scottsdale Road as a detour.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- Thomas Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from 73rd Street to Miller Road 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Jan. 1, 2015 as road construction occurs as part of the Thomas Road Streetscape Project. No left turns are permitted on Thomas Road between 73rd and 77th streets.
- The northbound curb lane on Hayden Road will be closed at Indian School Road through Friday, Sept. 5, to permit gas pipeline installation.
- The westbound curb lane on Indian School Road will be closed at Granite Reef Road through Saturday, Sept. 6, as a right turn only lane is constructed.
- Multiple southbound lane restrictions will take place on Scottsdale Road at Fashion Square Drive 9 p.m. – 6 a.m. weeknights through Friday, Sept. 5, as utility work takes place.
- Traffic in both directions on Drinkwater Boulevard will be reduced to the curb lanes from Osborn to Indian School Roads through Friday, Aug. 29, to permit sewer and water line installation.
- The northbound curb lane on 64th Street will be closed at Thomas Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Sept. 5, as trench work occurs.
- The southbound curb lane on Drinkwater Boulevard will be closed from Osborn to Indian School roads Sept. 2 – 12, as road work occurs.
- Traffic in both directions on Second Street will be shifted to the south side of the road from Drinkwater Boulevard to Wells Fargo Sept. 2 – 12, as road work occurs.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- Charter Oak Road will be restricted to one lane in each direction immediately west of 96th Street through Tuesday, Sept. 9, as waterline installation and box culvert construction take place.
- Westbound lane restrictions will occur on Shea Boulevard immediately east of 136th Street through Sunday, Aug. 31, as utility work takes place.
- Eastbound traffic on Mountain View Road will be shifted to the two-way left turn lane at 100th Street 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. through Friday, Aug. 29, to permit utility work.
- The northbound curb lane on 70th Street will be closed immediately south of Gold Dust Avenue 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Aug. 29, as utility work occurs.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Southbound traffic on Scottsdale Road will be reduced to one lane at Williams from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12 to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 15, as pipeline installation occurs.
- Multiple lane restrictions will take place on Raintree Drive between Northsight Boulevard and the Loop 101 Pima Freeway 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. through Friday, Sept. 5, to permit street work.
- The northbound left turn lane on Butherus Drive will be closed at 73rd Street through Sept. 14 as road work occurs.
- Traffic on Raintree Drive will be reduced by one lane in both directions immediately east of Thompson Peak Parkway 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays Sept. 3 – 17 as trench work occurs.
- The westbound curb lane on Princess Drive will be closed at Hartford Drive 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Sept. 10 as trench work takes place.