Traffic Restrictions Update
Aug. 21, 2014
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Aug. 22 - 31. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
LOOP 101 FREEWAY WIDENING
Work is underway to add lanes to the Loop 101 Pima Freeway between Shea Boulevard and the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway. As part of the $72.7 million project, one lane in each direction will be added to the 11-mile stretch of road. A second northbound lane will be added between the Loop 202 interchange and McDowell Road. All lanes will be open during weekday commutes, however, once the freeway is restriped with narrower lanes the posted speed limit on the freeway will be reduced from 65 mph to 55 mph. The project is slated for a late 2016 completion, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. This weekend’s road restrictions:
The freeway will be closed southbound between Via de Ventura and Indian School Road from 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 22, until 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 25. Detour: Southbound drivers can travel west on Via de Ventura, south on Pima or Hayden roads, then east on Indian School Road to return southbound on the freeway.
The freeway will be reduced to two lanes in each direction from Indian School Road to the Loop 202.
Get more details at ADOT.
5th Avenue will be fully closed from Scottsdale Road to Craftsman Court through Sept. 14 to permit sewer line installation as part of Downtown construction.
Northbound Scottsdale Road will be fully closed at Silverstone from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12 to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 15, to permit pipeline installation. Use Williams, east to Miller Road, north the Pinnacle Peak, then west to Scottsdale Road as a detour.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- Thomas Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from 73rd Street to Miller Road 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Jan. 1, 2015 as road construction occurs as part of the Thomas Road Streetscape Project. No left turns are permitted on Thomas Road between 73rd and 77th streets.
- The northbound curb lane on Hayden Road will be closed at Indian School Road through Sept. 5, to permit gas pipeline installation.
- The westbound curb lane on Indian School Road will be closed at Granite Reef Road through Sept. 6, as a right turn only lane is constructed.
- Multiple southbound lane restrictions will take place on Scottsdale Road at Fashion Square Drive 9 p.m. – 6 a.m. weeknights through Sept. 5 as utility work takes place.
- Multiple lane restrictions will occur at Miller and Camelback roads 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. through Thursday, Aug. 28, to permit trench work.
- The northbound curb lane on Goldwater Boulevard will be closed at First Street 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Thursday, Aug. 28, as utility work occurs.
- Traffic on both directions on Drinkwater Boulevard will be reduced to the curb lanes from Osborn to Indian School Roads through Friday, Aug. 29, to permit sewer and water line installation.
- The southbound curb lane on Scottsdale Road will be closed immediately south of Chaparral Road 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Aug. 22, as utility work occurs.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- Charter Oak Road will be restricted to one lane in each direction immediately west of 96th Street through Sept. 9 as waterline installation and box culvert construction take place
- Westbound lane restrictions will occur on Shea Boulevard immediately east of 136th Street Monday - Saturday through Aug. 31, as utility work takes place.
- Traffic on Shea Boulevard will be reduced to one lane in each direction from 136th to 140th streets from 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 22, to 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 25, as a sewer line installation occurs.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Southbound traffic on Scottsdale Road will be reduced to one lane at Williams from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12 to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 15, as pipeline installation occurs.
- The curb and bike lanes on Bell Road will be closed in both directions at 98th Street 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Thursday, Aug. 28, as utility work occurs.
- Multiple lane restrictions will take place on Raintree Drive between Northsight Boulevard and the Loop 101 Pima Freeway through Sept. 5 to permit street work.
- Traffic in both directions on Alma School Road will be reduced to one lane and controlled by flaggers from Jomax Road to Dynamite Boulevard 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Aug. 24 – 27 as slurry sealing takes place.
- The northbound left turn lane on Butherus Drive will be closed at 73rd Street through Sept. 14 as road work occurs.