Traffic Restrictions Update
May 28, 2015
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale May 29 - June 7. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
View an interactive Downtown parking, trolley and information map.
LOOP 101 RESTRICTIONS
East Via Linda under the Loop 101
The Arizona Department of Transportation’s ongoing freeway-widening project has closed east Via Linda in both directions under the Loop 101 freeway. The closure will last approximately two months. Local business access will remain open. Drivers are asked to consider East Mountain View Road as an alternate route while the restriction is in place.
Indian School Road interchange
All exit and entrance ramps at the Loop 101 Freeway and Indian School Road interchange will be closed starting June 22 for 60 days.
Recommended alternate freeway exits to access the downtown Scottsdale area:
- Chaparral Road freeway exit to either southbound Pima or Hayden roads.
- Thomas Road freeway exit to northbound Pima, Hayden, Miller or Scottsdale roads.
The city will monitor traffic and adjust signals along these routes to ensure optimum traffic flows.
The Arizona Department of Transportation selected summer for this work because traffic volumes are low.
Once complete, the Loop 101 widening project will add an additional travel lane in each direction between Shea Boulevard and McKellips Road. Two additional travel lanes will be added between the northbound Loop 101 / Loop 202 interchange and McDowell Road.
For more information, call ADOT at 1-855-712-8530
Loop 101 project overview
Loop 101 project and traffic restriction updates
Watch a YouTube video on the project.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- The following streets will be closed in the Downtown Entertainment District through Friday, May 29, as road rehabilitation occurs: northbound traffic on Wells Fargo Avenue will be closed north of Stetson Drive; westbound Stetson Drive will be closed from Civic Center to Wells Fargo; and southbound Civic Center will be closed north of Stetson.
- Southbound Drinkwater Boulevard will be closed to through traffic at First Avenue from 8 p.m. June 1 to 6 a.m. June 2 as utility work occurs.
- Northbound Drinkwater Boulevard will be closed to through traffic at Second Street from 8 p.m. June 3 to 6 a.m. June 4 as utility work occurs.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- 87th Street will be fully closed immediately north of Sweetwater Avenue through Friday, June 5, to permit sewer line installation.
- The westbound curb lane on Doubletree Ranch Road is closed at Gainey Ranch Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, June 5, to permit utility work.
- The curb lanes in both directions on Shea Boulevard will be closed from 64th to 71st streets 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, May 29, through Sunday, May 31, to permit utility work.
- The southbound curb lane on 92nd Street will be closed immediately south of Shea Boulevard 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Thursday, June 4, as trench work occurs.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- The traffic signal at Westland Drive and Pima Road will be off from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, May 29 as utility work occurs. Traffic at the intersection will be controlled by police officers.
- Pinnacle Vista Drive will be open to local traffic only from 59th to 64th streets 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays through July 19 to permit street resurfacing.
- Work will occur on the eastbound shoulder of Dynamite Boulevard at 78th Street weekdays through Thursday, June 4, as a new gas line is installed.