Traffic Restrictions Update
Sept. 18, 2014
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Sept. 19 - 28. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
LOOP 101 FREEWAY
Work continues to add lanes to the Loop 101 Pima Freeway between Shea Boulevard and the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway. This week’s restrictions:
- Northbound Loop 101 will be closed between Chaparral Road and Shea Boulevard from 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 19, to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 22. Suggested detour: Drivers can exit Indian School Road and head west to Hayden Road and travel north to Shea Boulevard to reconnect to the freeway.
- Southbound Loop 101 will be reduced to two lanes from the Arizona Canal to Indian School Road from 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 19, to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 22.
- McKellips Road at the Loop 101 interchange will be closed from 10 p.m. Monday, Sept. 22, through 5 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 25. The ramps will remain open for east-and westbound traffic, and vehicles coming from those directions will be allowed to enter the freeway. Freeway travelers will be able to exit at McKellips, but they will not be able to cross under the freeway.
Get more details at ADOT.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- Multiple lane restrictions will take place on Thomas Road in each direction from 78th Street to Miller Road 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Nov. 8, as road construction occurs as part of the Thomas Road Streetscape Project.
- The southbound curb lane on Goldwater Boulevard will be closed immediately south of Chaparral Road 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Sept. 19.
- Traffic in both directions on Roosevelt Street will be shifted to the side of the road from Hayden to Granite Reef roads 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. through Monday, Sept. 22, to permit street resurfacing.
- The eastbound curb lane on Thomas Road will be closed immediately east of 80th Street 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Oct. 2, to permit trench work.
- Traffic in both directions on Earll Drive will be shifted to the side of the road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Sept. 26, as utility work takes place.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- The northbound curb lane on Hayden Road will be closed from Gold Dust Avenue to Morgan Trail 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Tuesday, Sept. 23, as utility work takes place.
- Temporary lane closures will take place in both directions on Scottsdale Road immediately south of Gainey Suites Drive 8:30 p.m. – 4:30 a.m. weeknights through Friday, Sept. 19, to permit utility and cable work.
- The westbound curb lane on Via de Ventura will be closed immediately east of Hayden Road 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Sept. 26, as trench work takes place.
- The northbound curb lane on Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard will be closed at Sahuaro Drive 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Oct. 2, as trench work takes place.
- The southbound curb lane on 92nd Street will be closed from at Desert Cove Avenue 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Wednesday, Sept. 24, as to permit utility work. Westbound traffic on Desert Cove Avenue will be shifted to the eastbound left-turn lane at 92nd Street.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Southbound traffic on Scottsdale Road will be reduced to one lane at Williams through 4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 19, as paving occurs.
- Eastbound traffic on Hartford Drive will be shifted to the two-way center lane immediately east of Perimeter Drive through Friday, Sept. 26, as sidewalk and driveway replacement occurs.
- Traffic on 60th Street will be reduced by one lane in both directions at Carefree Highway 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Oct. 15, as trench work occurs.
- The eastbound curb lane on Raintree Drive will be closed from 82nd Street to 83rd Place 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. through Tuesday, Sept. 23, to permit utility work.
- Traffic on Whispering Wind Drive will be shifted to the side of the roadway at 82nd Street 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Saturday, Sept. 20, as utility work occurs.