Traffic Restrictions Update
July 30, 2015
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale July 31 - Aug. 9. For more information, contact Traffic Engineering.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
View an interactive Downtown parking, trolley and information map.
LOOP 101 RESTRICTIONS
Shea Boulevard interchange
All exit and entrance ramps at the Loop 101 Freeway and Shea Boulevard will be closed from midnight to 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 3. DETOUR: Southbound Loop 101 traffic can exit at Cactus Road. Drivers on Shea Boulevard will be directed to southbound 90th Street to enter southbound Loop 101 via the 90th Street on-ramp.
Indian Bend Road interchange
All exit and entrance ramps at the Loop 101 Freeway and Indian Bend Road interchange will be closed through Sept. 13. DETOUR: Use Chaparral Road or Via de Ventura for Loop 101 access.
McDowell Road interchange
All exit and entrance ramps at the Loop 101 Freeway and McDowell Road interchange will be closed through August 1.
Indian School Road interchange
All exit and entrance ramps at the Loop 101 Freeway and Indian School Road interchange will be closed through August 22.
Recommended alternate freeway exits to access the downtown Scottsdale area:
- Chaparral Road freeway exit to either southbound Pima or Hayden roads.
- Thomas Road freeway exit to northbound Pima, Hayden, Miller or Scottsdale roads.
The city will monitor traffic and adjust signals along these routes to ensure optimum traffic flows.
Restrictions for pavement-marker installations:
- Loop 101 narrowed to one lane in both directions between Tatum and Shea boulevards from 10 p.m. Friday, July 31 to 8 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 1.
- Loop 101 narrowed to one lane in both directions between Shea and Tatum boulevards from 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 1 to 9 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 2.
The Arizona Department of Transportation selected summer for this work because traffic volumes are low.
Once complete, the Loop 101 widening project will add an additional travel lane in each direction between Shea Boulevard and McKellips Road. Two additional travel lanes will be added between the northbound Loop 101 / Loop 202 interchange and McDowell Road.
For more information, call ADOT at 1-855-712-8530
Loop 101 project overview
Loop 101 project and traffic restriction updates
Watch a YouTube video on the project.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- Southbound lane restrictions will occur on Goldwater Boulevard immediately north of Camelback Road 9 to 11 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 5, as manhole work occurs.
- The eastbound curb lane on Thomas Road will be closed immediately east of 64th Street weekdays Aug. 3 – 7 as utility work takes place.
- 75th Street will be fully closed immediately north of Stetson Drive on Monday, Aug. 3 and Wednesday, Aug 5, as a concrete pump truck works in the area.
- The westbound curb lane on Indian School Road will be closed immediately west of Drinkwater Boulevard 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, July 31, to permit utility work.
- Southbound traffic on Hayden Road will experience lane restrictions at Thomas Road through Aug. 20 as utility work occurs.
- Southbound traffic on 68th Street will be shifted to the center two-way left turn lane immediately south of Oak Street 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Aug. 7, to permit utility work.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- Northbound traffic on Scottsdale Road will be reduced by one lane at Sweetwater Avenue 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 3, as manhole work occurs.
- The southbound curb lane on Scottsdale Road will be closed from Gary Road to Mercer Lane 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Wednesday, Aug. 5, as trench work occurs.
- The northbound curb lane on 90th Street will be closed immediately north of Mountain View Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Tuesday, Aug. 4, to permit trench work.
- 124th Street will be fully closed to northbound through traffic immediately north of Summit Drive and fully closed to 124th Street southbound traffic at the Lost Dog Wash Trailhead through Saturday, Aug. 1, to permit roundabout construction. Suggested detour route: Via Linda/118th Street north to 120th Street, north to Columbine Drive
- Multiple lane closures will occur in short segments on Scottsdale Road from Doubletree Ranch Road to Cholla Street 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Aug. 14 to permit utility work.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- The northbound curb lane on Hayden Road will be closed at Thompson Peak Parkway 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, July 31, to permit road work.
- The intersection of 84th Street and Black Mountain Road will be fully closed through Wednesday, Aug. 5, as road paving occurs. Use Westland Drive as a detour.
- The northbound curb lane on Scottsdale Road will be closed at Pinnacle Peak Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Wednesday, Aug. 5, to permit trench work.
- Northbound traffic will be shifted to the center of the roadway at Hayden Road and Northsight Boulevard 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, July 31.
- Westbound traffic on Terravita Way will be shifted to the left turn lane at Scottsdale Road through Aug. 14 as a new guard shack is built.