Traffic Restrictions Update
May 14, 2015
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale May 15-24. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
View an interactive Downtown parking, trolley and information map.
LOOP 101 RESTRICTIONS
Freeway-improvement work will restrict parts of the Loop 101 according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Drivers are asked to consider alternate routes, or allow extra travel time.
- Southbound Loop 101 will be closed from McDowell to McKellips roads to install new Dynamic Message Board systems Sunday and Monday, May 17-18.
- Loop 202 ramps to northbound 101 will be closed from 3 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, May 17, to realign merge lanes.
For more information, visit the ADOT Loop 101 project page.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- The northbound curb lane on Hayden Road will be closed immediately north of Camelback Road 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through May 22 to permit curb and gutter work.
- The following streets will be closed in the Downtown Entertainment District startining Monday, May 18, through May 29 as road rehabilitation occurs: northbound traffic on Wells Fargo Avenue will be closed north of Stetson Drive; westbound Stetson Drive will be closed from Civic Center to Wells Fargo; and southbound Civic Center will be closed north of Stetson.
- Southbound traffic on Granite Reef Road will be shifted to the center lane immediately south of Oak Street to south of McDowell Road 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through May 22 as utility work occurs.
- Traffic on Thomas Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Scottsdale Road to 78th Street through Friday, May 15, as street resurfacing takes place.
- The curb lanes in both directions on Scottsdale Road will be closed from Osborn to Earll roads 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Friday, May 15, as ramp and sidewalk repairs take place.
- Lane restrictions will occur in both directions on 86th Street immediately north of Chaparral Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, May 15, to permit trench and utility work.
- The northbound curb lane on Scottsdale Road will be closed immediately south of Indian Bend Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through May 21 to permit trench work.
- The southbound curb lane on Hayden Road will be closed from Thomas Road to Clarendon Avenue 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through May 22 to permit trench work.
- The westbound curb lane on McDowell Road will be closed immediately west of 68th Street weekdays through May 22 to permit median construction.
- The eastbound curb lane on McDonald Drive will be closed immediately east of Scottsdale Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through May 25 as utility work occurs.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- The eastbound curb lane on Mountain View Road will be closed immediately east of Arabian Trail 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Tuesday, May 19, as utility work occurs.
- Traffic will be stopped for 5 minutes daily in all directions at 136th Street and Shea Boulevard 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays through Friday, May 15, as blasting occurs. Traffic will be allowed to continue through the intersection once the blasting is complete.
- Southbound traffic on 136th Street will be reduced by one lane immediately north of Via Linda 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, May 15, as trench work takes place.
- The northbound curb lane on 90th Street will be closed at Caribbean Lane 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Thursday, May 21, to permit trench work.
- 87th Street will be fully closed immediately north of Sweetwater Avenue through June 5 to permit sewer line installation.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Pinnacle Vista Drive will be open to local traffic only from 59th to 64th streets 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays through July 19 to permit street resurfacing.
- Lane restrictions will occur in both directions on Greenway-Hayden Loop from Paradise Lane to Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Tuesday, May 19, as a shadow truck operates on the roadway.