East Valley Dial-A-Ride
Proposed Non-ADA Dial-a-Ride Fare Changes
Valley Metro is proposing fare changes to non-ADA Dial-a-Ride (DAR) service in the East Valley. The changes proposed will help keep the costs in line with ADA fares and with the cost of improving service. Scottsdale will be impacted by this change.
If you have questions or would like to provide us with your feedback, please attend an upcoming public meeting in Scottsdale:
11 a.m. Tuesday, May 21
Granite Reef Senior Center
Room 1 - Cafeteria
1700 N. Granite Reef Road
11 a.m. Tuesday, May 28
Via Linda Senior Center
10440 N. Via Linda
Proposed non-ADA East Valley DAR fare changes
Here are the recommended changes:
- Increase the non-ADA DAR base fare ($1) to conform to the ADA DAR base fare ($4) by July 2015. The non-ADA base fare would increase by $1 each summer beginning in 2013.
- Beginning summer 2013, a non-ADA DAR trip would cost the base fare plus a fee for each trip mile. The fare structure would be:
- Trips less than 5 miles – Base fare
- Trips between 5 and 9 miles – Base fare + $.50 per mile
- Trips 10 or more miles – Base fare + $2.50 + $1 per mile
- Reservations can be made up to one day in advance, making non-ADA DAR service available for same-day or next-day trips only.
ADA DAR is unaffected by this process and remains at $4 per trip.
East Valley Dial-A-Ride - (EVDAR) provides two types of door-to-door, shared ride service for seniors and people with disabilities. Call (480) 633-0101 for more information.
ADA: Advanced reservation service with a fixed fee per one-way trip is available to persons who meet the eligibility requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Non-ADA: Service is available to persons with disabilities or senior citizens age 65 or older Monday through Saturday. The fare for a one-way trip is based on zones traveled. Advanced Reservation trips are encouraged.
In Scottsdale, dial-a-ride service is provided from Bell Road/CAP Canal/Thunderbird Road on the north to McKellips Road on the south. This area includes service to the Princess Resort and the Mayo Clinic. EVDAR includes service to the cities of Tempe, Mesa, Chandler and Gilbert.
East Valley Dial-A-Ride will accept cash and Dial-A-Ride tickets only. EXACT CHANGE IS REQUIRED. DRIVERS ARE UNABLE TO GIVE CHANGE.
No certification process is needed to use the non-ADA service, although proof of age or proof of disability may be requested by the Dial-A-Ride reservationist or driver. A driver's license or other state issued ID card is an acceptable proof of age. A Medicare card or Valley Metro Reduced Fare ID card is acceptable proof of age or disability.
(480) 633-0101 Reservations
(602) 716-2100 ADA Certification
(602) 253-5000 Valley Metro Reduced Fare ID card
(480) 813-8759 TTY service