Get to School Safely
Keeping the streets of Scottsdale safe is our number one priority, whether you’re walking, riding your bike or riding in a car. It doesn’t matter how you get to school, the most important thing is getting you to school safely.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you go to school each day whether you walk or bike to school:
- Before you cross a street, stop, look left, then right, then left again.
- Make eye contact the person driving the car – if they don’t see you, do not cross the street!
- Walk on the sidewalk. If there isn’t one, walk facing traffic.
- If you’re riding your bike – wear a helmet and follow the rules of the road.
If one of your parents takes you to school, remind them to:
- Use the drop off lane designated at the school
- Parents should stay in the car
- If you need to assist your child, please park in the school parking area and not in the drop off lane - even if it’s only for a “few seconds.”
To download more information on staying safe near schools, click here.
To learn more about the benefits of walking and biking to school, check out the national Walk & Bike to School web page here.
Focus on Safety…Your Life Depends on It!