Adaptive Services and Recreation Programs OfferedThe City of Scottsdale is committed to supporting the full inclusion of persons with disabilities into all public facilities, programs, and activities. If you need assistance to access and enjoy any of these programs, please contact Adaptive Services and Recreation Programs at 480-312-2234. All requests must be made after completing your registration and be requested a minimum of 14 business days prior to the starting date of the program.
- Population-specific Afternoon and Summer programs for teenagers aged 12-22 enrolled in Special Education classes.
- Inclusion Services for mainstream After School and Summer programs.
- Variety of activities include sports, arts & crafts, cooking and community excursions.
- Monthly Social Club community outings for adults. Activities include plays, sporting events, museum visits, community festivals, local attractions, etc.
- Monthly dances for teens and adults on the 2nd Saturday of every month. $2.00 entry fee at the door while a live DJ spins today's popular hits.
- Weekly Spectacular Saturday Club for adults! This day program for adults costs $20 per Saturday and includes a variety of programmed activities and excursions.
Annual spring 3 day outdoor retreat. Past locations have included Whispering Hope Ranch, Camp Shadow Pines, and Lake Pleasant.
Awards Program for People with Disabilities
This annual awards ceremony recognizes those who provide counseling, education and jobs for people with disabilities. In addition, the community pays tribute to those with disabilities who have provided outstanding examples of courage, perseverance and love in the face of adversity. The program plays at 2, 6 and 9 p.m. Saturdays or can be viewed online anytime.
- Adult sports (18yrs.+) include: Aquatics, Bowling, Golf (Individual Skills and Unified), Basketball (Traditional, Unified, Individual Skills), Cheerleading, Track & Field and Miracle League Baseball
- Jr. sports (8-17yrs.) include: Aquatics, Bowling, Basketball, Cheerleading and Track & Field