What results did Scottsdale Cares have in the fiscal year 2016/17?
What human service agencies are assisted by Scottsdale Cares?
- Non-profit agencies that provide essential services to Scottsdale citizens are eligible to receive funding.
How many human services agencies are assisted by Scottsdale Cares?
- The number of agencies funded each year is based on the amount available (calculated from prior year donations) and the amount requested/funded for each agency. In order to be eligible for funding, programs have to:
- Promote the positive development of youth, adults, and/or seniors
- Strengthen the capability of families and the self-sufficiency of adults, and
- Assist Scottsdale citizens of all ages to address crisis needs
Why doesn't the City fund these programs?
- The City of Scottsdale funded $100,000 (FY 2016/17) to local human service agencies, but the need is far greater than what the City can provide.
Can individuals apply for assistance through Scottsdale Cares?
- No, only nonprofit organizations that serve Scottsdale residents may apply. However, the agencies funded provide a wide range of valuable services to youth, families, adults, and senior citizens.
Who decides how Scottsdale Cares' proceeds will be spent?
- Scottsdale's Human Services Commission reviews all applications with recommendations forwarded to the City Council for final approval.
6535 E Osborn Rd. Building 8
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Justin Boyd, Housing Coordinator