Public Safety Plan InformationCity of Scottsdale Public Safety Plan
Various resources associated with the new Scottsdale Public Safety Plan that went into effect on October 10th, 2013 are available below.
The new ordinance applies to businesses that require age verification for admittance, provide live entertainment or a DJ.
Businesses required to comply with the new ordinance that have not submitted applications and have not met the deadline, are required to submit their application immediately. Those not in compliance with the City Ordinance are subject to enforcement action.
Due to the large number of applications received near the end of the deadline, dedicated enforcement is expected to begin February 1st, 2014.
Please e-mail email@example.com if you are unsure if you are required to submit a Public Safety Plan. Scottsdale Revised Code 23-54.A makes it unlawful to operate without a Public Safety Plan if you are required to have one. Failure to submit and receive an approved plan, may subject you and your business to criminal and civil penalties.
Training classes are offered once a month (see the link below).
Public Safety Plan Application (pdf/489KB/2 pages)
- Public Safety Plan Contact Persons Form (pdf/49KB/1 page)
- Public Safety Plan Employee Log Form (pdf/58KB/1 page)
- Public Safety Plan Employee Reading Log Form (pdf/60KB/1 page)
- Public Safety Plan Crowd Management Checklist (pdf/93KB/1 page)
- Public Safety Plan Security Positions_Responsibilities (pdf/101KB/2 pages)
Public Safety Plan Letter to Businesses (pdf/637KB/1 page)
Public Safety Plan Final Notice Letter (pdf/104KB/1 page)
Public Safety Plan Ordinance DRAFT (pdf/172KB/9 pages)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Application (pdf/308KB/2 pages)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Building Diagram (pdf/452KB/1 page)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Property Parcel or Lot (pdf/474KB/1 page)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Parking Areas (pdf/460KB/1 page)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Evacuation Routes (pdf/673KB/1 page)
- Sample Occupancy Load Sign (pdf/99KB/1 page)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Security Uniforms (pdf/296KB/1 page)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Nbr of Security Officers (pdf/271KB/1 page)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Safety Conditions Considerations (pdf/301KB/5 pages)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Security Positions_Responsibilities (pdf/511KB/2 pages)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Security Positions Floor Plan (pdf/641KB/1 page)
- Public Safety Plan Sample Special Requirements (pdf/468KB/1 page)
Security Personnel Training Class
For any questions, please contact Detective John Miller or Detective Brian Amrine at 480-312-5000.