- Lock your doors and windows at home.
- Keep your garage door closed and park the car in the garage if available.
- Use the peep-hold prior to opening the front door to visitors, or consider installing a security screen door.
- Keep your doors locked and windows rolled up when you are in your car.
- Wear a seatbelt.
- Store your garage door opener out of site - somewhere other than the visor.
- When stopped at a red light, scan the area and be aware of the surroundings.
On the Street:
- Walk with a calm and confident attitude projecting that you know where youre going.
- When walking to your car, keep your head up and scan the area. If you are carrying a purse, hold it close to you. Have the key in your hand as you approach your car.
- Trust your instincts, if you are feeling uneasy then avoid the problem.
- If you use a portable stereo when jogging, the headphones shouldnt be covering your ears so you cant hear whats going on around you. Also, whenever possible jog during the day.