Motorized Play Vehicles
|The city is currently seeking input on the use of Motorized Play Vehicles.
Key provisions in the current ordinance:
- The City of Scottsdale has regulated the operation of motorized skateboards since December 16, 1996, when the City Council passed Ordinance No. 2974. The ordinance has not been revised since 1996.
- In April 2004, the City of Tucson banned motorized skateboards and similar vehicles on public roadways.
- The City of Phoenix followed with a similar ban in December 2004.
- Tempe, Chandler, and Glendale have begun public input processes regarding motorized play vehicle regulation.
- Scottsdale City Council has asked staff to review the existing ordinance and solicit public input on potential ordinance revisions.