Child SafetyWhat would you do in the first few minutes after you realize that your child is missing?
- The FBI has developed an App (mobile application) to help you in just such a situation (currently only available for iPhones and available through iTunes). Learn more.
- 95% of all child abductions and molestations were done by someone the child knew or thought they knew (source: FBI).
- 5% of all child abductions and molestations were done by a "stranger".
- Teaching "stranger danger" doesn't apply to 95% of reported cases. We need to teach our children to be safe 100% of the time!
Teach Your Children:
- Your child needs to CHECK FIRST with you before they go ANYWHERE with ANYONE at ANY TIME. Teach this to them as a slogan and have them repeat it.
- CHECK FIRST before you get in a car or go in a building with anyone, even a neighbor or someone you think you know.
- CHECK FIRST before you take candy, food, toys, etc. from anyone.
- Children need to know their full name, address (including state) and telephone (including area code).
- If children find a gun or bullets - do not touch it! Tell an adult.
- Your child should not give out any personal information.
- Your child should not give out his or her photo without your permission.
- Your child should never agree to meet in person someone they "met" online.
- Your child should tell you if anything upsetting occurs on the Internet.