- All residential single family households receive one collection of refuse weekly. Your collection day will be Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on the location of your home.
- There are three different types of residential refuse collection based on the size and collection point of the containers issued:
- 90 gallon curbside collection - each individual household is provided with a container, which is wheeled to the curb on collection day for service.
- 300 gallon alley collection - large plastic containers are placed in serviceable alleys for refuse collection and are shared by 3 to 4 individual households. We locate these containers to provide best access to all users and away from overhead hazards, so please
Do Not reposition them.
- 20 gallon street collection - certain low-generation areas, such as trailer courts, use 20 or 30 gallon refuse containers that are collected manually when placed at the curb on collection day. Containers should have a tight fitting lid and weigh no more than 60 pounds each.
Residential Collection Day Map
Recycling Collection Guidelines
Construction Debris in Alleyways
(pdf / 87 kb / 2 pages)
Refuse Collection Guidelines
To assist us in providing you the best service possible, PLEASE refer to the guidelines below.
- Use your black container for refuse only. All material should fit inside the container so the lid closes per the Maricopa County Health Dept.
||Please "Bag & Tie" all garbage and grass before placing them in the black refuse container. It helps prevent unhealthy conditions. It's more than a good idea, its the law!|
- Don't, place rocks, dirt, concrete, plaster, building materials, toxic or hazardous waste in your container.
- Don't, place hot ashes, cinders, coals or any other burning material in your container.
- If you have curbside refuse collection, please place your container away from parked cars, light poles, mail boxes and other obstacles that may prevent our employees from servicing it.
- If you have curbside refuse collection, please have your container at the curb by 5:00 AM the day of your scheduled collection. Containers should be removed from the street the same day they are collected.
- To help minimize spillage, please make sure the lid on your 90 or 300 gallon container opens toward the collection vehicle.
|Residents who require additional Refuse capacity may purchase additional 90 gallon refuse containers, which become their property.|
An additional monthly fee is charged for each additional refuse container.
For information call 480-312-5600.