Values and Customer Service Standards
Excellence: Scottsdale Police Department employees are committed to:
- Efficient and effective delivery of police service throughout the community.
- Enhancing the quality of life in Scottsdale by creating and preserving a safe environment so citizens may freely pursue their goals without infringing on the rights of others.
- A professional and responsive organizational structure that aggressively and creatively confronts anticipated community crime and service problems.
Initiative: We recognize that the community and the police profession are ever-changing entities requiring the most dynamic approaches to citizen service and crime prevention to meet challenges through initiative in:
- Proactively allocating resources to remain fiscally responsible, yet reflect visionary police programs and technology.
- Recruiting, selecting, and retaining the most highly qualified people and training, educating, and advancing those people to promote employee growth and development.
- Committing to contemporary professional management within the supervisory ranks where managers are accountable for high standards of responsibility commensurate with their authority.
- A management dedicated to positive supervision, open communication, and participatory decision-making.
- Recognizing that department employees are the most important asset and are fairly compensated and treated with equity and dignity.
Integrity: Department employees provide an honest and open approach to police and community needs free from conflict of interest, impropriety, or anything less than the fair and equitable treatment of all citizens through integrity by:
- Being sensitive to community needs and actively seeking citizen involvement in the policing process by emphasizing crime prevention as a cooperative effort.
- Being advocates and maintaining open relationships with the media.
- Adhering to a policy of inspiring public trust and confidence in every facet of police service.
PRIDE: Scottsdale Police Department Customer Service Standards
The Scottsdale Police Department has adopted five service standards to practice while serving the community and adhering to our values.
Listen with empathy, collaborate as a team, provide options for resolutions, be accountable and act with integrity, project a professional image in attitude, appearance, attendance, and punctuality.
Listen, clarify or investigate further, understand the issues, handle exigent/critical circumstances immediately, meet citizen or fellow employee needs in an appropriate time frame, keep citizens or fellow employees aware of status, meet due dates.
Look for innovative solutions or workable compromises, recognize and apply community-policing philosophies, manage risk.
Treat everyone with dignity regardless of the circumstances, recognize and value diversity.
Communicate verbally and in writing in a clear, concise, and logical manner, produce high quality work.
Moments of Truth
We recognize that every contact with a citizen or customer is a moment of truth. These are our officers’ opportunities to prevent and reduce crime by winning the respect, trust and support of the community.