Utilities - Developer Provided
Public and Private Utility Permit/City Review Required
A permit is required for all utility work, public and private, that occurs within the City's right-of-way or public utility easements.
Utility Plans are accepted through the digital plan submittal program. Contact Brian Dick at 480-312-5771.
City Review Process (digital submittal)
- If you are a first time user of the system, follow the instructions on registering online (creating a profile).
- Complete an e-application online.
- completed e-application
- upload drawings and submittal documents through the digital submittal process, last step for e-application. File types accepted are pdf or dwf with a 20mb limit per file.
- pay plan review fee of $78.00 online
- Upon receiving payment city staff will process the plan submittal and route for technical review.
This review includes, but is not limited to:
- checking for compliance with construction standards
- approving alignments
- verifying that the work is in the public right-of-way or public utility easement
- checking for conflicts
- reviewing traffic impacts
- verifying that all city requirements have been met and incorporated into the plans
Once the utility plans have been approved the applicant will be notified to pick up the appropriate permit. Note: when using the digital plan submittal program some plan types are eligible for online permit purchasing. A base fee of $159.00 plus any itemized or trenching fees will be charged for the permit. For a listing of fees visit the Application, Permit and Water Development fees website.
A Certificate of Insurance is required prior to obtaining a Right-of-Way Permit. The City of Scottsdale must be named as "Additionally Insured". For more information call Inspection Services at 480-312-2500.
Additionally the permit holder must have a current Arizona contractor's license.