Wedge Skate Park
Map of Park (pdf/616kb/1p)
Hours of Operation:
AboutThe Wedge Skate Park is located in the Eldorado Park & Community Center. It is a 20,000 square feet facility that has a Fun Box, Amoeba Bowl, Launch Box, Quarter-Pipe, Pyramid, curbs, and rails.
McDowell Mountain Ranch Skate Park
15525 N. Thompson Peak Parkway
(Thompson Peak Parkway & McDowell Mountain Ranch Road)
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Map of Park (pdf/532kb/1p)
Email: rburris@ScottsdaleAZ.govHours of Operation:
Park: Sunrise - 10:30pm
AboutThe Skate Park is 16,000 square feet and is open to all skateboarders and in-line skaters. There are street-like components such as tables, benches, planters and ledges all of which are designed to be used by skateboarders and in-line skaters. Additionally, the skate park has a 10-foot bowl at its deepest area.
Skate park access system
To more effectively monitor skate park activities, McDowell Mountain Ranch Skate park users are required to enter the facility with an access card. As a cost-recovery measure for the system, users will be charged $26 for six months of access. There will be a $5 fee for replacement cards. Drop-in rates are available for $1 a day. The monitoring system tracks users as they enter the facility. Cards can be purchased at the aquatic center or Horizon Community Center.
Guidelines for Skate Parks
- This skate park is open to all skateboarders and in-line skaters. BMX bike riders are not allowed and may be fined; this is to preserve the safety of all patrons and the structural integrity of the facility. For more information, please see Frequently Asked Questions.
- “Skate at your own risk” facilities. Skating is a dangerous activity and The City assumes no liability for injuries sustained in the use of this facility.
- Safety equipment is recommended but not required. Safety equipment includes helmets, elbow pads, kneepads, etc.
- Protect your Skate Park from graffiti, litter and vandalism. It’s your park, take care of it and it will take care of you.
- No skating when surface is wet, raining, electrical storms or during routine skate park maintenance periods.
- No competitive or demonstration events are allowed without prior approval of the Parks & Recreation department.
- Additional ramps, jumps or obstacles are not allowed in the skate parks. No modifications to the skating surfaces or features are allowed. Please restrict skating to features specifically designed for that purpose.