Fall Festival Vendors
Thank you for your interest in the City of Scottsdale’s 43rd annual Fall Festival event. This year’s event will be held on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Selected vendors must be ready for business no later than 5:30 p.m. and may begin setting up as early as 4:00 p.m. on the day of the event. Vendors are expected to remain until 9:15 p.m. as necessary to clean up the vending and immediately adjacent areas of any and all trash, whether or not the discarded items belong to the vendor.
Please be advised, that the public and children need to be out of the general area, in order to guide your vehicles on or off of the premises. Please request that one of our city staff escort you on and off of the premises.
If, after reviewing the information below you are still interested in this year’s Fall Festival event, please complete the Vendor Information Form no later than Monday, September 28, 2012. You will also need to email pictures of your set-up and the product(s) you offer to Ronnie Phillips (rphillips@ScottsdaleAZ.gov).
Please keep in mind the following:
- The Vendor Information Form is an application and does NOT guarantee your participation in this event.
- Please be advised that there are at least 50 vendors interested in participating.
- The City of Scottsdale's Fall Festival event is for children throughout the valley. It builds a sense of pride for Scottsdale's citizens and provides a positive impact to the community.
- The City of Scottsdale wishes to avoid product duplication by several vendors. In the event of duplication, Scottsdale staff will consider several criteria when selecting vendors including, but not limited to, the following:
- Affordability of product(s) to participants;
- Quality of product;
- Quality of display (food and booth);
- Amount of setup/assistance needed from City staff;
- Cash register or other accounting system to verify the amount of gross sales;
- Timeliness of submitting the Vendor Information Form;
- Prior years of successful participation in Mighty Mud Mania;
- Ability to serve a maximum number of people within a limited amount of time;
- Information received from promoters of other events held within the last year and of similar size, which you provide reference. We reserve the right to call your references to receive their assessment of your participation at their event.
- Selected vendors are required to sign a revocable license agreement (sample) (pdf/89kb/1p). The license agreement will be prepared by the City, and must be returned to the City along with a $100, non-refundable Space fee, any other applicable fees and evidence of insurance (sample) (pdf/100kb/1p) NO LATER THAN Friday, October 15, 2012.
- Once food vendors are selected, the City will notify the Maricopa County Health Department to verify good standing.
- The City will designate the area from which the vendor will operate ("Service Area"), based on operational requirements for the event.
- Each vendor must pay a fee to the City of Scottsdale equal to 10% of the gross receipts received for sale of vendor products. This fee is due to the City no later than November 16, 2012.
- A limited number of non-profit organizations may be allowed to participate as vendors, as long as health department requirements are followed. Non-profit groups may elect an "in-kind" fee option for food, services or products, but are not exempt from the $100 Space Deposit or the evidence of insurance. The $100 space deposit may be refundable based on performance and follow through of the contractual agreement.
- Sponsors and vendors are encouraged to offer samples (at no charge to participants,) of any/all products to provide participants with food/drink throughout the event day.
- Food vendors must provide and work out of tents or other enclosures as mandated by the Maricopa County Health Department.
- Water is only available in limited quantities. Much of our water pressure is used for the event itself. There are no direct hook-ups.
- The City WILL NOT provide power to vendors, if vendors require power, they must bring they’re own generator.
- Bottled beverages are not permitted on park grounds. All vendors are required to clean up their own Service Area as well as immediately adjacent areas following the event.
Selections will be made no later than Friday, October 5th, 2012. If you have any questions about the information above, please contact Ronnie Phillips at 480-312-0221. Thank you for your interest in the 43rd Annual Fall Festival!