||Sunrise - 10:30pm
|Off Leash Area:
||6:00am - 10pm November 1 - April 30
5:30am - 10pm May 1 - October 31
||9:00am - 9:00pm Monday through Sunday
- 100-acre park
- 10-acre lake for boating and fishing*
- Wheelchair accessible fishing pier
- Off-Leash Area
- Swimming pool and diving area
- 6 lighted ballfields
- 3 lighted soccer fields
- Full basketball court
- 2 grass volleyball courts
- 2 reservable ramadas
- 2 drop-in ramadas
- Ten-station exercise course
- Multi-use court (½ basketball court)
- Community Center with 1 small classroom
- 5 restrooms
As a part of the greenbelt, Chaparral shares a recreation path system that is ideal for running, walking, biking, and rollerblading.
*persons age 14 and up must have a valid fishing license from Arizona Game & Fish
Reservations can be made for picnic areas, ramadas, and rooms by calling the Facility Booking office at 480-312-7707.
OFF LEASH AREA
Chaparral Park's Off Leash Area is 4 acres with 3 acres of grass. Please call 480-312-2353 or 480-312-WOOF (9663) to find out about Chaparral’s Off Leash Area’s status (e.g., open or not due to rain, maintenance, etc.).
Hours of Operation*
November 1 - April 30 6:00AM - 10PM.
May 1 - October 31 5:30AM - 10PM
* All areas will be closed when wet conditions exist.
** In the event of frost, the park will not open at sunrise.
Activity on frosty grass causes damage to and may kill the rye grass.
Lights will be on from dusk to 10pm.
Weekly Maintenance Closures
The Off-Leash Area will experience weekly maintenance closures for mowing and irrigation work. These closures will occur on:
Tuesdays - 8 a.m. to Noon
Fridays - 8 a.m. to Noon
Off Leash User Areas
The Off-Leash Area is divided into three separate sections:
• Sections will be rotated to allow for maintenance and turf repair.
• One section will always be closed for maintenance and turf restoration.
• Two sections will be open the majority of the time with one area designated for Active dogs and another for Passive dogs.
The new Off-Leash Area includes turf areas, seating, play features and water fountains.
Patrons may bring additional portable chairs, which must be removed when they leave.
Patrons may bring tennis balls/toys but they must be removed by the owner or staff will remove them.
For more information or updates on this project, call 480-312-2353.