Traffic Restrictions Update
April 30, 2015
The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale May 1-10. For more information, contact Holly Walter at hwalter@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
View an interactive Downtown parking, trolley and information map.
LOOP 101 RESTRICTIONS
Freeway-improvement work will restrict parts of the Loop 101 according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Drivers are asked to consider alternate routes, or allow extra travel time.
- The northbound on and off ramps at the Thomas Road & 101 interchange will be fully closed through May 7.
Traffic entering or exiting the freeway should use McDowell or Indian School roads as alternates.
- The Camelback multi-use path will be closed at the Loop 101 5 a.m. – 5 p.m. through Friday, April 17, for freeway bridge work. A suggested alternative route will be marked. Please do not walk or ride in the closure area.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- Street Operations staff will seal and stripe Downtown streets from Buckboard to Scottsdale Road; Indian School to 2nd Street from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m. May 3 and 4.
- The curb lane in both directions on McDowell Road will be closed from Miller Road to 77th Street through May 8 as bridge work occurs.
- The northbound curb lane on Hayden Road will be closed immediately north of Camelback Road 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through May 22 to permit curb and gutter work.
- Southbound traffic on Granite Reef Road will be shifted to the center lane from immediately south of Oak Street to south of McDowell Road 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through May 22 as utility work occurs.
- Traffic on Thomas Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Scottsdale Road to 78th Street through May 15 as street resurfacing takes place.
- The curb lanes in both directions on Scottsdale Road will be closed from Osborn to Earll roads 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Friday, May 8, as ramp and sidewalk repairs take place.
- Northbound traffic on Hayden Road will be reduced to one lane immediately north of McDowell Road 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays through Thursday, May 7, to permit utility work.
- Northbound traffic on Hayden Road will be reduced to one lane immediately north of Oak Street 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays as asphalt restoration occurs.
- The westbound curb lane on Osborn Road is closed immediately west of Drinkwater Boulevard 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through Friday, May 8, to permit new ramp construction.
- The southbound curb lane on Hayden Road will be closed on Oak Street 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through May 13 to permit potholing. Traffic on Oak Street will be shifted to the south side of the roadway.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- Traffic on 70th Street will be controlled by flaggers immediately north of Sahuaro Drive 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through May 6 as utility work takes place.
- The eastbound curb lane on Mountain View Road will be closed immediately east of Arabian Trail 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays May 1 – 19 as utility work occurs.
- The curb lanes in both directions on Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard will be closed at Desert Cove Avenue 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays through Monday, May 11, to permit trench work.
- Traffic will be stopped for 5 minutes in all directions at 136th Street and Shea Boulevard once per day between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. weekdays through May 15 as blasting occurs. Traffic will be allowed to continue through the intersection once blasting is completed.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Traffic in both directions on Ranch Gate Road will be controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, May 1, to permit shoulder work, curb and gutter installation.
- The eastbound right turn bay on Thompson Peak Parkway will be closed immediately west of 87th Street 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, May 8, to permit utility work.
- Potholing work will occur on the northbound shoulder of Pima Road from Dixileta to Ashler Hills drives 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Monday, May 11.
- The southbound curb lane on 60th Street will be closed at Carefree Highway 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Monday, May 11, to permit utility work.