Scottsdazzle returns this Saturday, Nov. 25, bringing a monthlong celebration of unique events, entertainment and visual treats to Downtown Scottsdale.
Join us at 7 p.m. Saturday for a unique tree lighting and community sing-along at the Scottsdale Waterfront.
City Council members and other dignitaries will be on hand to lead the community in the sing-along accompanied by MusicaNova, a 20-piece orchestra. Attendees will receive a song book and are welcomed to join in on their favorite holiday hits.
Following is the lighting of Scottsdazzle’s signature tree at Soleri Plaza. Santa, Sugar Plum Fairies, Nutcrackers and stilt walkers will add to the holiday ambiance as will two jaw-dropping art installations along and over the Arizona Canal.
PRISMATICA features 25 giant, revolving prism sculptures. Walk among the prisms to see city life in every color of the spectrum. Turn the prisms to make the colors dance and create bell music.
Reflection Rising by Poetic Kinetics is a suspended sculpture reaching from the Marshall Way Bridge to the Soleri Bridge above the Arizona Canal. Tethered elusively on the cusp of flight, Reflection Rising is a constant reminder of nature moving around us.
The convenient Soleri Bridge and Waterfront locations feature ample free parking and a free trolley service connecting all areas of Downtown Scottsdale.
View a map of free parking locations.
View a schedule and map of Scottsdale’s free trolley service.
Below is a partial list of additional events and activities planned during Scottsdazzle.
- Canal Concerts: Various artists will perform live music on Soleri Plaza from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday nights starting Dec 2 through Dec. 23.
- Santa Wine Around: Join the Scottsdale Wine Trail wineries for a wine tasting extravaganza at 6 p.m. Dec. 2. Arrive dressed as Santa or Mrs. Claus and receive a commemorative wine glass!
- Miracle of Roses Pageant: From 4 to 5 p.m. Dec. 9 The Old Adobe Mission will hold a pageant honoring Our Lady of Guadalupe.
- Saddle up for a Cowboy Christmas from 3 to 7 p.m. Dec. 9 in the Old Town section of Downtown. All activities are free.
- Scottsdazzle ArtWalk from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Dec. 14 will feature live entertainment up and down Marshall Way between Main Street and 5th Avenue. Free horse and carriage rides will also be available!
- Once upon a time and once every holiday, Scottsdale’s 5th Avenue gets sprinkled with fairy dust and transformed into Sugar Plum Avenue from 3 to 7 p.m. Dec. 16 in the 5th Avenue section of Downtown. All activities are free.
- Holiday décor, decorative plants and roving entertainment will be a part of Scottsdazzle’s Downtown scene throughout the holidays.
View photos of last year's Scottsdazzle celebration.
View the Scottsdazzle video.