The following is a partial list of road construction projects and traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale Dec. 1 -12. For more information, contact Traffic Engineering at 480-312-7250.
Get the latest information on traffic conditions and accidents by following us on Twitter @DriveScottsdale.
Water line installation underway on Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard
Lane restrictions began May 30 on Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard from Via Linda to 90th Street so a new water line can be installed. Construction will take place in the westbound lanes of Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard, and all traffic will be diverted to the eastbound lanes as necessary. Construction is expected to be complete by the end of the year.
For more information or to sign up for updates from Scottsdale Water, visit the project website
at ScottsdaleAZ.gov, search “FLW water line.”
Hot Chocolate 15K/5K Race
The following road restrictions will occur near Indian Bend Road and Loop 101 on Sunday, Dec. 3, for the Hot Chocolate 5K and 15K races:
5 a.m. to 12 p.m.:
- On- and off-ramps in both directions on Loop 101 at Via de Venutra will be closed.
7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.:
- Pima Road will be closed in both directions from Indian Bend Road to Via de Ventura.
7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.:
- Westbound Indian Bend Road will be closed from Pima Road to Hayden Road.
- Eastbound Indian Bend Road will be reduced to one lane from Hayden Road to Pima Road.
- Via De La Sendero will be closed at Indian Bend Road.
Expect significant traffic congestion in the area from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. and please use alternate routes if possible. A course map and detailed list of road closures are available on the race website.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS SOUTH OF INDIAN BEND ROAD
- The westbound curb lane on Thomas Road will be closed at 61st Place 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 4 - 8 for utility work.
- Palo Verde Drive will be closed in both directions between Cattletrack Road and 74th Street 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for three weekdays during the time period from Nov. 29 to Dec. 15 for road work.
- Curb and bike lanes in both directions on McDonald Drive will be closed from Cattletrack Road to the Arizona Canal Nov. 27 - Dec. 1 for ADA ramp work. During those same dates, the pedestrian/HAWK crossing at the canal bridge will be closed to pedestrians and bikes. Detour on Lincoln Drive or Jackrabbit Road to Cattletrack Road.
- Curb lanes in both directions will be closed at 77th Street 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Nov. 28 - Dec. 8 for boring.
- Left turns in both directions on Pima Road will be restricted at Chaparral Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 27 - Dec. 1 for utility work.
- The westbound curb lane on Thomas Road will be closed at 61st Place 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through Friday, Dec. 1, for trench work.
- The westbound curb lane on Osborn Road will be closed immediately west of Miller Road Monday through Saturday Nov. 2 - Jan. 2 while the sidewalk is replaced. During those same dates the southbound right turn lane on Miller Road will be closed at Osborn Road.
- 86th Street will be closed in both directions from Chaparral Road to Vista Drive Oct. 2 - March 15 for storm drain installation. Detour on Granite Reef Road.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS FROM INDIAN BEND TO THUNDERBIRD ROADS
- Curb lanes in both directions on 90th Street will be closed between Shea Boulevard and Mountain View Road 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. through Wednesday, Dec. 6, for curb, gutter and sidewalk work.
- Southbound Hayden Road will be reduced to two lanes immediately south of McCormick Parkway 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday Dec. 4 - 15 for utility work.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS NORTH OF THUNDERBIRD ROAD
- Multiple lane restrictions will occur at the intersection of 98th Street and McDowell Mountain Ranch Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 4 - 15 for road work. The intersection will be either partially or fully closed. Detour on Thompson Peak Parkway to Paradise Lane or Bell Road.
- The westbound curb lane on Dynamite Boulevard will be closed immediately east of Pima Road 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 27 - Dec. 15 for road work.
- Median lanes in both directions on Dynamite Boulevard will be closed immediately east of Pima Road 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 20 - Dec. 2 for median work.
- Traffic on 74th street will be controlled by a flag person immediately north of Silverstone Drive 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through Friday, Dec. 1, for trench work.