Flexible Spending Accounts
There are two types of Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care. The accounts are separate, but similar in that they allow you to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay eligible health and dependent care expenses that other benefit plans don't cover.
The accounts can help you pay for expenses that are predictable. They may offer savings, but you should plan carefully.
Amounts over $500 left in either account at the end of the plan year (July 1 - June 30) are forfeited due to IRS Regulations.
How the accounts work
- Select the Flexible and/or Dependent Care Accounts during open enrollment.
- Authorize payroll deductions before income and employment taxes are withheld.
- When you have eligible expenses, file your claims for reimbursement from the tax free money you’ve set aside.
Although the two accounts are similar, they are different. Careful planning of the dollar amounts deposited into your accounts is encouraged. For more specific details, please visit www.asiflex.com.
- You may contribute a minimum of $120 per plan year and a maximum $2,650 in a Health Care FSA.
- You may contribute a minimum of $135 per plan year and a maximum of $5,000 in a Dependent Care FSA. Additionally, due to IRS regulations you are limited to $5,000 in a calendar year.
Tax Savings Estimator
Estimate the annual medical expenses and tax savings for you, your spouse and any tax dependents with the ASI Tax Savings Estimator.
Need help determining how much to put in your account? Use the FSA Worksheet to plan appropriately.
Log on to the FSA Store to find products that are FSA eligible without a prescription. You can purchase these with an FSA card, or use your credit card and submit your receipt for reimbursement.
FSA Mobile App
ASIFlex's user-friendly mobile app allows participants to review their account and file claims quickly and easily using a phone or tablet. Participants can simply take a picture with their device's camera feature and submit a claim using the mobile app. Visit the Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for Apple devices and search for ASIFlex.
- Member Services: 1-800-659-3035 (available 7am - 7pm CT, M-F, 9am - 1pm CT, Sat.)
- Member Services F: 1-877-879-9038
- Mail: PO Box 6044, Columbia, MO 65205-6044
- Email: email@example.com
Produced by Human Resources:
This information represents a summary of benefits provided by the City of Scottsdale to benefited employees. Every effort has been made to report information accurately. All information, including the amount of any benefit and employee eligibility of benefits, is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the applicable policy or plan documents. In all cases where any of the information provided differs from the amount of benefit actually provided by the policy or plan, the terms of the legal documents will control.
9191 E. San Salvador Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85258