General Plan 2014
General Plan 2014 News
In an effort to collect information as a means to inform the General Plan Task Force, City staff will be conducting several workshops over the coming months.
View the Workshop Series Calendar and sign up for upcoming Workshops!
On Tuesday, May 14, 2013, City Council discussed and adopted Resolutions 9393 and 9394 in order to:
- Establish General Plan 2014 Written Procedures and Adoption Calendar
- Form Scottsdale General Plan 2014 Task Force
More details and documents related to these actions coming soon.
Visioning Scottsdale Town Hall
During late January and early February, a group of Scottsdale citizens came together to develop a draft vision statement for the city’s 2014 General Plan.
This draft vision statement is a key first step in the community’s efforts to create a general plan to guide how the city matures over the next 20 years.
Report of the Visioning Scottsdale Town Hall (pdf/24kb/5pp)
Visioning Town Hall Results Open House Statement (pdf/175kb/1pp)
What do you think? What do you like about the draft vision? What would you change? Below are three ways to give feedback and to provide input into the Visioning process:
Documents & Resources
Future Leaders Town Hall
Summary of Future Leaders Town Hall Recommendations (pdf/55kb/2pp)
On January 24, 2013, 82 Scottsdale youth met to discuss the future of Scottsdale. The first question they tackled asked them about Scottsdale’s greatest assets. The second question involved reviewing the existing General Plan community values and suggesting any changes that should be made. This video shows the final report out from all 6 discussion groups at the end of the evening.
General Plan 2014 schedule:
- December 2012 - Citizen/stakeholder application process for visioning event
- January 2013 - Future Leaders Town Hall - consisting of 100 Scottsdale high school and college students, this event will kick-off the visioning process.
- Mid January - February 2013 - Capture Scottsdale Photo Contest
- February 2013 - Visioning Scottsdale Town Hall - this will provide citizens with an opportunity to create a new/updated vision to guide Scottsdale’s future
- 2013 - Community engagement and Scottsdale General Plan 2014 process – this will incorporate community-created vision statement from Town Hall and city-wide engagement of community members
- 2013/14 - General Plan public hearing/adoption process
- August 2014 – earliest ballot for General Plan voter ratification consideration
Stay up to date on all General Plan 2014 news and events... Sign up by emailing your information here.
General Plan Questions & Comments
Phone: (480) 312-3111