Three steps can help you stay healthy this flu season. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends:
- Get a Flu Vaccine. See who is at risk for developing flu-related complications.
- Take everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs such as:
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then throw that tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. When you finish singing the happy birthday song to yourself, you are done washing.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces.
- Here are more tips.
- Take the flu antiviral drugs if your doctor prescribes them.
Call 911 when you or a loved one has one of these symptoms:
- Trouble breathing
- Feeling confused or out of it