Fire Department Record Request
A PROGRAM OF FIRE AND SAFETY
Fire reports are available from the Public Safety Records Department. The Records Department is located at the East end of the Police/Fire headquarters (Lou Witzeman Public Safety Building).
8401 E Indian School Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
Hours of Operation - Public Window
- Monday - Friday: 8 am to 6 pm (except for city holidays)
- Saturday - Sunday: Closed
To obtain a copy of a Fire Report:
- Complete a written request form, in person or by mail. (Electronic, telephonic or fax requests are not accepted except from Government Agencies.)
- Download the Records Request form (pdf/135kb/2pp)
- Please ensure that you provide the date, time, and location of the incident, and incident number if known.
- The release of medical records is governed by A.R.S. §12-2291 through §12-2297. In order to fill a records request for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) information, one or more of the following criteria must be met:
- The patient is 18 years of age or older with one of the following:
- Requestor is the patient and has a photo ID.
- Requestor has a Scottsdale Fire Department authorization for Disclosure of Protected Health Information form and a photo ID.
- Requestor has a valid power of attorney or court order for the patient and a photo ID.
- If the patient is under 18 years of age, one of the following is required:
- Requestor has an original or notarized copy of the patient’s birth certificate.
- Requestor has an original or notarized copy showing Court appointed guardianship of the patient.
- Requestor has an original or notarized copy of the patient’s birth certificate or Court appointed guardianship papers and a notarized letter stating that the parents or guardian allow the requestor to have the information.
- Fee Schedule (Requests will not be processed without payment except from Government Agencies):
- Operations Incident Report - $5.00
- EMS Encounter Report - $5.00
- Fire Scene Investigation Report - $5.00
- Fire Scene Photos on CD - $5.00
- Fire Service Activity History Search - $10.00 (per location)
- Payment will be accepted by cash, check and money orders made to the City of Scottsdale.
- NOTE: Overnight deliveries are subject to central processing through the mail room and are not received in Records on the noted delivery date.