Media Contact: Tiffani Nichols, Public Information Officer
(480) 312-1816 office (602) 229-9640 PIO pager
Scottsdale will never be immune from disaster. Flash floods, brush fires and other major threats to safety can strike at any time with little or no warning. Do you know what steps you should take to protect your family and loves ones in the event of an emergency?
To help the community prepare, free Ready Scottsdale presentations that discuss the importance of preparedness and simple steps you can take to protect your family and loved ones in the event of an emergency.
Sessions will discuss creating a disaster supply kit, making a family disaster plan, and provide attendees with a list of resources to help protect each member of the family.
Ready Scottsdale presentations will be offered at no charge as follows:
- 10:30-11:30 a.m., Friday, Oct. 29 at Appaloosa Library, Room 1
- 1-2 p.m., Friday, Nov. 5 at Mustang Library, Auditorium
- 6:30-7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 16 at Mustang Library, Auditorium
- 6:30-7:30 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 9 at Granite Reef Senior Center, Room 11
- 10:30-11:30 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 18 at Appaloosa Library, Room 1
To register, visit www.scottsdaleaz.gov/emergencies and click on “Training Opportunities” or call (480) 312-8000.
For more information or to schedule a group presentation, contact John Moede at (480) 312-1832 or jmoede@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.