Media Contact: Tiffani Nichols, Scottsdale Fire Department
(480) 312-1816 office or PIO pager (602) 229-9640
For the second year, Scottsdale Fire Department is hosting free presentations Valentine’s weekend to teach residents how to become a life saver. A person in cardiac arrest has very little chance of survival unless a bystander or loved one takes immediate action until paramedics arrive.
During these free presentations, individuals will learn to perform Hands-Only CPR and use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) to shock the heart. It is simple to do, safe, does not require mouth-to-mouth contact, and can dramatically improve a person’s chance of survival.
Thirteen free 90-minute community presentations have been scheduled citywide to teach the simple step-by-step actions to take during a cardiac emergency. Please note, no CPR certification cards will be issued at these presentations.
Advance registration is strongly encouraged, but walk-ins are also welcome. To sign up, visit www.scottsdaleaz.gov/fire/HandsOnlyCPR or call (480) 312-8000.
Thursday, Feb. 11
· 11am -12:30 pm at Paiute Center; 6535 E. Osborn Rd.
· 6-7:30 pm at Via Linda Senior Center; 10440 E. Via Linda
Friday, Feb. 12
· 11 am-12:30 pm at Fire Headquarters; 8401 E Indian School Rd.
· 2-3:30 pm at Granite Reef Senior Center; 1700 N Granite Reef Rd.
· 7-8:30 pm at Knit Happens; 7777 E Indian School Rd.
Saturday, Feb. 13
· 8-9:30 am at Fire Headquarters; 8401 E Indian School Rd.
· 10-11:30 am at Granite Reef Senior Center; 1700 N Granite Reef Rd.
· 10-11:30 am at Rio Montaña Park; 11180 N 132nd St.
· 12:30-2pm at Eldorado Park; 2311 N Miller Rd.
· 1-2:30 pm at La Mirada Desert Park; 8950 E Pinnacle Peak Rd.
· 3-4:30 pm at Mountain View Community Center; 8625 E Mountain View Rd.
· 3:30-5 pm at Horizon Community Center; 15440 N 100th St.
Sunday, Feb. 14
· 1-2:30 pm at Fire Headquarters; 8401 E Indian School Rd.
For a listing of additional CPR, First Aid and Babysitter certification courses, visit http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/fire/CPRclasses.asp
For more information or to schedule a Hands-Only CPR group presentation, call (480) 312-1815 or email Patty Jo Angelini at pangelini@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.