Media Contact: Tiffani Nichols, Public Information Officer
(480) 312-1816 or (602) 229-9640 PIO pager
Scottsdale will never be immune from disaster. Flash floods, brush fires and other major threats to safety can strike at any time with little or no warning. Do you know what steps you should take to protect your family, loves ones and neighbors in the event of an emergency?
To help you prepare, the City of Scottsdale is offering free Ready Scottsdale presentations that review the importance of preparedness and simple steps you can take to be better prepared to face an emergency.
The one-hour community presentations focus on creating a disaster supply kit, making a family disaster plan, and provide attendees with a list of resources to help protect each member of the family.
Ready Scottsdale presentations will be offered at no charge as follows:
- 11:30 am, Tuesday, February 22, Granite Reef Senior Center, Room 7
- 10:30 am, Wednesday, March 23, Appaloosa Library Meeting Room #1
- 10:30 am, Monday, April 18, Appaloosa Library Meeting Room #1
- 6:30 pm, Tuesday, May 24, Mustang Library Auditorium
- 6:30 pm, Thursday, June 2, Granite Reef Senior Center, Room 7
To register, visit www.scottsdaleaz.gov/emergencies and click on “Training Opportunities” or call (480) 312-1899.
For more information or to schedule a group presentation, contact John Moede at (480) 312-1832 or jmoede@ScottsdaleAZ.gov.