Scottsdale City Government 101
Whether you are a community leader, prospective City Council member, Board or Commission member, volunteer or neighborhood association leader…you are invited to participate in Scottsdale City Government 101 , a series of classes summarizing overall Scottsdale city government and how it works.
Educational Classroom Sessions
Scottsdale City Government 101 is a free program covering such topics as:
- City Manager and City Treasurer
- Economic Development
- Public Safety - Fire and Police
- Community Services and Preserve
- Planning, Development Services and Transportation
- Public Works and Water Resources
- City Clerk and City Auditor
- Mayor and Council
Speakers include executive level managers, directors and administrators of the departments that citizens interact with most often. Class size is limited to allow participants to discuss issues and ask questions of presenters in a relaxed setting.
- Classes begin in March and will run for seven weeks
- 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Location: Community Design Studio, 7506 E. Indian School Rd.
- Light refreshments served
For more information about the City Government 101 program contact Neighborhood Resources:
Christy Hill, Citizen Liaison