October's Environmental Quality is Water
Eco says: The key to conservation is caring.
If everyone in the United States flushed the toilet just one less time per day, we could saver a lake full of water about a mile long, a mile wide and four feet deep EVERY DAY!
|Water Conservation -||480-312-5650|
Check below to see how much water you can save.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean driveways and sidewalks. Saves 150 gallons or more each time.
- Use a bucket of water and a quick hose rinse to wash your car. Saves 150 gallons each time.
- Use a pool cover to cut down on evaporation.Saves 1,000 gallons a month.
- Set lawn mower blades one notch higher. Longer grass means less evaporation. Saves 500 to 1,500 gallons each month.
- Take baths instead of showers. A partially filled tub uses less than the shortest shower. Saves 15 to 20 gallons each time
- Install water-saving shower heads or flow restrictor. Saves 500 to 800 gallons a month.
- Run only full loads in washing machine and dishwasher. Saves 300 to 800 gallons a month.
Use Good "Xeriscape" Practices:
- Good landscape planning and design
- Appropriate turf areas and efficient irrigation
- Use mulch and some soil amendments
- Good maintenance practices for soil and irrigation
"Do not let ignorance of the environment be your legacy. The world will be a better place, if we conserve its resources." author unknown