April's Environmental Quality is Stewardship
Eco says: Every Day is Earth Day!
Environmental Stewardship is everybody's responsibility. Be part of the solution not the problem. Everyday, show your stewardship by doing something good for the Earth.
Check Out Eco's Stewardship Tips!
- Carpool, take the bus , walk, ride a bike or drive an alternate fuel vehicle to commute and run errands
- Use manual or electric power for lawn mover and other landscaping equipment instead of gasoline
Water & Land Quality
- Buy environmentally friendly alternative products for cleaning, fertilizing and pest control
- Properly dispose of any unused paints and chemicals
- Install low flow faucets, shower heads and toilet tank devices
Install compact fluorescent lamps in place of incandescent and turn off the lights when the area is not being used
- Take responsibility for your environmental education
- Seek information from your local Library, television, environmental office, newspapers and radio
Attend local environmental events
Try Something New!
- Participate in a local litter clean-up or graffiti removal project
- Help your local wildlife rehabilitation center
Assist with nature trail building or a restoration project
Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children" Anonymous