|The paint color for north Scottsdale Rd. traffic signal poles and
streetlight fixtures is Frazee Deero, "Western Reserve", # 8716N. The
color should be cross-referenced with specified paint manufacturers' color chart to insure
consistency with existing poles on north Scottsdale Rd.
Product Information can be
acquired from Frazee Paint & Wallcovering, 15125 N. Hayden, Scottsdale, AZ. 85260 or
by calling 480-948-7829 or fax at 480-998-1641
Note: The control cabinet is not to be painted this color. The control cabinet
should be painted ADOT #11 white.
- Contractor shall wipe down entire pole, mast arm(s), and luminaire(s) with an EPA
approved cleaning solution prior to the first application of paint.
- Paint is to be applied with a carpet type roller with a nap, synthetic cover
such as an EZ Paintr Pronel or equivalent. Rollers and brushes are to be supplied by
- Each pole will receive one primer coat prior to painting. The coat shall have a
minimum dry film thickness of 2 mils. The primer, whether supplied by the city or the
contractor, shall be Devoe 235 Bar-Rust Epoxy, or TNEMEC Chembuild Series 135 epoxy, (or
approved equal). The primer coat shall be allowed to dry at least 12 hours before
applying the paint coat.
- Each pole and mast arm shall receive one coat of paint with a total dry film thickness
of no less than 2 mils. The paint, whether supplied by the city or the contractor,
shall be TNEMEC Series 73 Endura Shield III, or Devoe 379 Devthane Urethane, (or an
approved equal). The contractor shall insure that the paint manufacturers
mixing and application instructions are followed precisely.
- A single clear coat shall be applied after the paint coat has dried at least 12
hours. The clear coat finish shall have a dry film thickness of at least 2
mils. The clear coat paint, whether supplied by the city or the contractor, shall be
of TNEMEC Series 76 Endura-Clear, or Devoe 379 Clear Urethane, (or approved
equal). The final clear coat of paint shall be applied within 10 working days of the
application of the first paint coat.
- Paint shall be applied only on thoroughly dry surfaces and only when the ambient and
surface temperature is between 50 and 100 Fahrenheit. Paint shall not be applied
when the air is misty or when weather conditions are expected which might damage the
work. If fresh paint is damaged by the elements, it shall be replaced or repaired by
the contractor at his expense.
- The finished coating shall be uniform, completely covering all exposed portions of the
painted structure. The coating shall be free of sags, pits, craters, and embedded