Capital Project Management
A division of PUBLIC wORKS
7447 E. Indian School Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Daniel Worth, Executive Director, Public Works
Derek Earle, City Engineer
Capital Project Management Division provides project management, engineering, plan review, and right-of-way services for the Citys capital improvement program.
- Directs City of Scottsdales Capital Improvement Projects from scoping, through selection of a consultant, design and construction.
- Administers Consultant, Construction Management and Job Order contracts ensuring adherence to scope of work, processing progress payments, and monitoring and evaluating performance. Architect, Engineering, Construction Mgmt. and Job Order Contracts - Request for Qualifications. Provides construction administration services, to include quality assurance inspections, contract management and warranty follow-up. Projects under Construction. Informs citizens and businesses of construction progress by means of flyers, neighborhood meetings, and press releases.
Engineering and Plan Review
- Performs engineering design of minor projects or projects which require expedited schedules or contain unique elements.
- Coordinates development of construction plans and specifications on all capital projects.
- Provides quality assurance on capital projects for compliance with the Citys criteria and procedures, and conformance to the Master Plan.
- Tracks trends in construction costs and provides cost estimating assistance on capital projects.
- Provides complete services related to acquisition of rights-of-way and easements for capital projects.
- Acquires property rights for city use from state and federal agencies.
- Provides title and appraisal services to city real property management.