Farms, Ranches & Stables
In general, the city does not regulate the number of horses allowed on single-family and two-family residential properties as long as they are for personal use. The city does not allow the commercial raising of animals as is typically associated with a farm, except on a farm, ranch or commercial stable.
The Zoning Codes limits the location of farms, ranches and stables:
- Single-Family Residential - farms, commercial stables, & ranches by conditional use permit
- Resort Residential (R4-R) - guest ranches allowed
- Two-Family Residential - farms, commercial stables, & ranches by conditional use permit
- City Code: Chapter Four Article II, Keeping Of Domestic Animals
- Use Permit Criteria - Ranch, Commercial Stable - Example: 27-UP-2004