Fences and Walls
The information provided is for single-family residential properties, for other uses contact the One Stop Shop at 480-312-2500.
Height Limitation on walls and fences - Basic Zoning Ordinance Sec. 7.104
Permits are required when:
Building any fence over 3-feet in height. No permit required for constructing Wall/Fence which is less than 3' in height. (Site plan approval will verify setbacks and property lines).
REPAIRING A FENCE?
Before removing the fence, check with the One Stop Shop on-call planner to make sure the fence is not non-conforming. Non-conforming fences that are removed cannot be replaced in the same, non-conforming location and will be required to meet current zoning specifications related to placement, height, etc.
Minimum Standards for 8" Masonry Wall (pdf/118kb/1p)
Minimum Standards for 6" Masonry Wall (pdf/118kb/1p)
Minimum Standards for 4" Masonry Wall (pdf/37kb/1p)
Minimum Standards for Retaining Walls 4 ft or Less (pdf/61kb/1p/4-9-09)
|2515-1||Wall Opening & Erosion Protection - Type 1||PDF (283kb)||DWG (205kb)|
|2515-2||Drainage Grate At Block Wall||PDF (217kb)||DWG (115kb)|
|2515-3||Erosion Protection - Type 2||PDF (267kb)||DWG (264kb)|
- Site Plan Requirements - ESL and Cactus Corridor
- Site Plan Requirements - NON-ESL
- Walls/Fences in Public Utility Easements (PUE)
- Raising an existing wall/fence? Provide a detail showing how you intend to connect with the existing structure (i.e. drilling down, rebar, etc)...more.
- Building or raising a fence on a common property line? Due to the impacts on neighboring properties (footings, worker access) approval from each neighbor is required at submittal. Have every neighbor impacted sign a Neighbor Authorization form (pdf/53kb).
- Subdivision Walls
- Fee is charged per hour plus charge per linear feet of retaining wall. The first hour plan review fee is collected at time of submittal. Additional review hours will be charged with the permit fee.
- Fence/Wall Standard Plan - non-ESL and not in the Cactus Corridor
Over the Counter Review is available if: (same submittal requirements apply)