Fences and Walls
The information provided is for single-family residential properties, for other uses contact the One Stop Shop at 480-312-2500.
Every parcel has Zoning Ordinance requirements and restrictions, including wall standards.
- Front, side and rear yard setbacks are usually different.
- Corner lots, flag lots and key lots may have different requirements.
- Setbacks may be modified through Amended Development Standards.
Permits are required when:
REPAIRING A FENCE?Before removing the fence, check with the One Stop Shop Planning Services on-call planner to make sure the fence is not non-conforming. Non-conforming fences that are removed cannot be replaced in the same, non-conforming location and will be required to meet current zoning specifications related to placement, height, etc.
Minimum Standards for 6" Masonry Wall (pdf/118kb/1p)
Minimum Standards for 4" Masonry Wall (pdf/37kb/1p)
Minimum Standards for Retaining Walls 4 ft or Less (pdf/61kb/1p/4-9-09)
|2515-1||Wall Opening & Erosion Protection - Type 1||PDF (283kb)||DWG (205kb)|
|2515-2||Drainage Grate At Block Wall||PDF (217kb)||DWG (115kb)|
|2515-3||Erosion Protection - Type 2||PDF (267kb)||DWG (264kb)|
- Submittal Guides
- Fence/Wall Submittal Packet - non-ESL and not in the Cactus Corridor (pdf/2.9mb/12pp)
- Fee is charged per hour plus charge per linear feet of retaining wall. The first hour plan review fee is collected at time of submittal. Additional review hours will be charged with the permit fee.
Over the Counter Review is available if: (same submittal requirements apply)