Subdivision Entryway Signs
Process For Residential Entryway Sign Review, Approval and Permitting
A residential entry sign is a sign placed at the entrance of an apartment complex or single-family subdivision in order to identify the name of the development. A permit from the City of Scottsdale is required for an entry sign.
STEP 1: Obtain Sign Permit Application and other forms
Sign Permit Application (PDF/66kb/2pps/6-8-05)
Applicant will need the Sign Permit Application Form
If location of sign is proposed in a Drainage Easement the applicant will need:
- The Release and Rededication of Drainage Easement forms.
- Legal Graphic and Legal Description for current easement and proposed easement, and
- Letter of authorization from HOA.
- A fee is required to release an easement.
STEP 2: Submit application to One-Stop-Shop
See the submittal checklist on the sign permit application for specific requirements.
A plan review fee is required for review of the residential entryway sign.
Residential Entryway Signs Criteria
- The maximum number of signs on each side of entry shall be one (1) sign.
- The maximum number of signs for each entrance shall be two (2) signs.
- The area of each such sign per entry shall not exceed twenty-four (24) square feet.
- The maximum height of such sign shall be five (5) feet of sign area measured from natural grade.
- Such sign shall be located adjacent to the entry driveway a minimum of twenty-five (25) feet.
- Such sign shall be architecturally compatible with other signs and with other structures on the site.
- This sign may be double faced only when one (1) such sign is used for the development.
STEP 3: Staff will review application and approve or return to applicant with comments and corrections.
STEP 4: Applicant will make corrections to plans according to staff comments and return to One-Stop-Shop counter. Include the original plans with staff corrections.
STEP 5: When sign plans are approved, the applicant will be notified by staff and the permit can be obtained at the One-Stop-Shop.
Questions on how to obtain a sign permit or code information?
Please contact the Development Services Department at 480-312-2500.