Public Safety Plan Ordinance
New!On Sept. 10, the City Council approved a Public Safety Plan Ordinance. The purpose of the ordinance is to promote the general health, safety and welfare of our community by requiring certain types of businesses – mostly bars – to file, follow and keep current a public safety plan. The ordinance goes into effect on Oct. 10.
Approved Public Safety Plan Ordinance (pdf/107kb/7pp)
Highlights of the PROPOSED ORDINANCE CHANGES:
- Defines the types of businesses that are required to have a Public Safety Plan:
- Age verification is requested for admittance;
- Provide a DJ;
- Provide an adult service as defined in Section 16-237;
- A teen dance center as defined in Section 16-391;
- Or utilize a promoter.
- Identifies the information required to submit a Public Safety Plan.
- Outlines the Public Safety Plan review and approval time frames.
- Explains the plan’s duration and renewal requirements.